rubedd

Intro, with help topic

Hello guys,

Looking to do my first semi big build consisting of focal expert 6.5 components up front, almani audio 6.5 rears for midbass, pioneer gm-d8604 amp, Sony xav-712hd DVD player, DC 5.0k amp running @ .5ohm, and a DD 9915 with super charge option although I'm not stuck on running the DD because I have two AA team 18s I could run...decisions!

I'll be running a mechman 240a alternator, group 24 agm and 2 H8 agm Batts in the rear with 2 runs (or more?) of 2/0 front to back in my 2007 4runner.

My question, how do I got about wiring the front batt to the rear, could I use a bus bar in the rear that ties the two positive terminals of the rear Batts together and put the runs from the front somewhere on the bus bar, would it matter where? 

I made a picture, using an app on my phone so please excuse my big fingers in sizing of components lol, illustrating what I mean.

sketch-1487491210985.png

20161018_150828.jpg

Edited by rubedd
Forgot my AA's!

All you need is a power wire or two ran back to the batteries in parralel and ground it in the trunk or hatch in your case. That's how I have my XS power batts and I didn't need anything but a couple of ring terminals. 

Thanks for the reply!

My reasoning for the bus bar is that my batteries have sae terminals and I figure 4 2/0 lugs on each terminal would be a pain in the butt to secure vs using something like a bus bar to distriBute the power at the bank or would be more cost effective vs spending money on something like jims machineworx sae input block....any suggestions?

:WELCOME: nice truck.

Welcome, very nice 4th gen.

Make thing easy buy a set of these for each battery. Screw ring terminals.

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/battery-terminals-4-1-0-ga-bolt-on-battery-terminal-sold-in-pairs.html