Billy Jack

No add to cart

Looking through the SSA store to place a order for a Twisted sounds 2.8k or Synergy 35.1 and noticed no add to cart tab, does this mean the product is sold out, or no longer available. 

That means they are currently out of stock. Check out the Ampere3800.1.

49 minutes ago, Aaron Clinton said:

That means they are currently out of stock. Check out the Ampere3800.1.

Ok thanks Aaron that's what I thought. I would imagine you guys are slinging some product it being tax time, I know I am. May just save a little more and go ampere. Do you think they will have steady supply as I don't want to end up in the same situation I did with Crescendo. Bought one and never could find another BC3500 when I had the extra cash. I may want to add another later so just getting some info. 

Edited by Billy Jack

Also, do you guys think the Ampere 3500, or 2k would be a good match for a 12" inch evil? I would imagine the 3500 would be plenty, but what about the 2k just to get me up and running, and strap another 2k later? Right now I have about $1400 I'm gonna set aside for a sub and amp. Also this is going into the trunk of my 2012 chevy Cruze. Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask, just trying to get some opinions as I haven't ran much of this new stuff. Don't want to order products over a stack and them not be ran properly. 

4 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

Also, do you guys think the Ampere 3500, or 2k would be a good match for a 12" inch evil? I would imagine the 3500 would be plenty, but what about the 2k just to get me up and running, and strap another 2k later? Right now I have about $1400 I'm gonna set aside for a sub and amp. Also this is going into the trunk of my 2012 chevy Cruze. Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask, just trying to get some opinions as I haven't ran much of this new stuff. Don't want to order products over a stack and them not be ran properly. 

Personally I would prefer one amp over two, strapping amps in my experience has always been  a bit of a hassle. The Ampere 3500 would be an excellent match for an Evil, I can personally guarantee you that the Evil can take MUCH more than rated as long as you're smart ;).

As long as your electrical is solid there will be no issues there!

On 2/19/2017 at 1:10 PM, Billy Jack said:

Ok thanks Aaron that's what I thought. I would imagine you guys are slinging some product it being tax time, I know I am. May just save a little more and go ampere. Do you think they will have steady supply as I don't want to end up in the same situation I did with Crescendo. Bought one and never could find another BC3500 when I had the extra cash. I may want to add another later so just getting some info. 

Honestly, I would suggest selling your Crescendo amp if you are looking to do a pair of amps, and then buy two new ones.  They have been out for over a year.

On 2/19/2017 at 1:26 PM, Billy Jack said:

The Ampere 3800.1 would be quite nice of a match for an SSA Evil.

On 2/19/2017 at 6:08 PM, Julian said:

Personally I would prefer one amp over two, strapping amps in my experience has always been  a bit of a hassle. The Ampere 3500 would be an excellent match for an Evil, I can personally guarantee you that the Evil can take MUCH more than rated as long as you're smart ;).

As long as your electrical is solid there will be no issues there!

Well said.  As of late, the drive for people to order individual amps for individual subs has more to do with cone control for demos and I think a little less power compression per amp.

On 2/19/2017 at 6:23 PM, jones82joshua said:

SoundQubed 7k is on sale now as well, if you're looking for inexpensive power. Maybe wire to 2 or 4 ohm depending on coil configuration.

As for strapping, I had never done it until a couple of months ago, and the only hassle I had was the extra power/ground and fuseage. Simpler than gain matching two amps, at least. :)

Other than that, +1 to what Julian said.

Great choice, Josh of SSA is going to be running a slew of SQ 7k's in his tahoe this season.

On 2/19/2017 at 9:06 PM, Billy Jack said:

I think I'm gonna just order my subs or sub now, and while I'm waiting for it to be built save a little more money and just get the ampere 3800, or 5k and a high output alt from gp audio, as they are the only place that list one for the 2012 Cruze turbo. 2 12" inch evils on a ampere 5k sounds like a good idea. I plugged the numbers on 12volt's box calculator, and I have just over 5 cubic foot net, after port and .18 displacement, so they should fit, may be a tad small but I can always invert them I guess. Ok thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it. And if Aaron reads this, I will place my order in a day or two when I have a free moment. #CruzeEvil:runlaugh:

Alt wise, I would strongly suggest contacting Mechman directly to see if they can custom make one or Singer Alts. 

7 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Alt wise, I would strongly suggest contacting Mechman directly to see if they can custom make one or Singer Alts. 

I contacted mechman and they said they didn't currently have anything for the 12' 1.4 turbo Cruze but said one was in the works. And I emailed singer and never heard a thing back. Also contacted Ohio generator and all they had was a 140amp which is only slightly better then the 110amp the car came with. GP list a 240 amp but they do say it's a custom build. It's always a problem getting alts for these new cars unless it's a V8 chevy or ford.

I have seen more than a few issues on FB with GP.  Loads of ethical issues that I can gather.