Randal Johnson

2002 Ford F-150 Super Crew

Did you sell the Chevy and all the goodies you had inside?

1 hour ago, nem said:

Did you sell the Chevy and all the goodies you had inside?

Still got it (sort of). 

It's gutted. It's an empty shell. Literally.

21 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Out of the closet again, hmmm

LOL, something like that.

This looks fun. I have always hated where the mid was located in this generation F-150. Your tweeter location looks good, not surprised they sound good from that location. What is the subwoofer plans for this truck?

Yes Sir, these doors are interesting to say the least. Wasn't what I was thinking they were when I bought the truck. Should be able to make it work.

Still working on the angles for the tweeter locations, but will be able to tell more about them when (if ever) I get the amplifiers hooked up. Things have been known to change when being tuned active.

As for sub bass, haven't gave this much thought. I'm VERY limited with room and I'm not cutting any metal with this one.  I'm pondering ideas about 8s in the rear doors or 10s somehow under the rear seat. I'm also thinking about finding bucket seats for a central console enclosure.

I'm all open for suggestions !!!

56 minutes ago, Randal Johnson said:

Yes Sir, these doors are interesting to say the least. Wasn't what I was thinking they were when I bought the truck. Should be able to make it work.

Still working on the angles for the tweeter locations, but will be able to tell more about them when (if ever) I get the amplifiers hooked up. Things have been known to change when being tuned active.

As for sub bass, haven't gave this much thought. I'm VERY limited with room and I'm not cutting any metal with this one.  I'm pondering ideas about 8s in the rear doors or 10s somehow under the rear seat. I'm also thinking about finding bucket seats for a central console enclosure.

How much space do you have under the rear seat? If you can weld/fabricate you could make risers and extend the height of the seats for more clearance. Is it a bench seat or a 25/75 split? If so you could pull the 25% out and build an enclosure there.

1 hour ago, Randal Johnson said:

I'm also thinking about finding bucket seats for a central console enclosure.

That suggestion would be mine.  Up front bass ftw.  Underseat in those is tough, getting real authoritative lower octave from rear doors also not easy.  Bucket seats are also more comfortable and if you keep this truck anywhere near as long as the last your ass will thank you for that alone.  Then add the opportunity to build in a custom console to do what you need for your truck as well as stereo and it is a win all over the place.  While a lot of work, it may be less than the other options.

Plum crazy purple, those little guys look stout. :fing34:

On 2/28/2017 at 0:59 PM, Julian said:

How much space do you have under the rear seat? If you can weld/fabricate you could make risers and extend the height of the seats for more clearance. Is it a bench seat or a 25/75 split? If so you could pull the 25% out and build an enclosure there.

Hey brother, thanks for posting !!! Long time no chat !!!

To be honest, If I was going through that much trouble for strong bass, I'd just yank the rear seat, tool box, and bed liner to cut in a blow-thru like i did with White Lightning. whatever i do, it's got to be stealthy !!!

On 2/28/2017 at 0:01 PM, Randal Johnson said:

As for sub bass, haven't gave this much thought.

WTF ?? This must be one of the largest "Bull Shit" statements I've ever typed. 

On 2/28/2017 at 2:00 PM, ///M5 said:

That suggestion would be mine.  Up front bass ftw.  Under Seat in those is tough, getting real authoritative lower octave from rear doors also not easy.

Well, just after i got the truck, I had to install a new heater and evaporator core on it for the heat and air conditioner. 

KIMG0045

KIMG0046

Nothing short of a nightmare but broke nothing in the process. YAY !!! Now my idea the entire time I was working on this damn thing was what could I do to get a single 8" driver in that dash ???????????????????????????? 

Maybe in there where the glove compartment is ??? don't know, just throwing ideas around.

Not like you keep gloves in there anyway!

1 hour ago, Randal Johnson said:

Hey brother, thanks for posting !!! Long time no chat !!!

To be honest, If I was going through that much trouble for strong bass, I'd just yank the rear seat, tool box, and bed liner to cut in a blow-thru like i did with White Lightning. whatever i do, it's got to be stealthy !!!

Hey man! yeah it has been!

heres an example of what I'm talking about

Picture134.jpg

May have a little time today to pull out all of my welding cable and start test fitting. See how it goes.

On 2/28/2017 at 5:33 PM, jcarter1885 said:

Plum crazy purple, those little guys look stout. :fing34:

My favorite color !!!

On 2/27/2017 at 7:12 PM, ///M5 said:

Out of the closet again, hmmm

Didn't R Kelley right a song that went something like this? Lol

1 hour ago, Billy Jack said:

Didn't R Kelley right a song that went something like this? Lol

not that I know of.

Edited by Randal Johnson

25 minutes ago, Randal Johnson said:

Don't know, don't play stupid racial rap shit in my truck.

Well damn, tell us how you really feel. Thats a bold statement but to each its own.

Found most of my welding cable. Sorting through what I need to wire my Amplifiers up. 

Edited by Randal Johnson

1 hour ago, jcarter1885 said:

Well damn, tell us how you really feel. Thats a bold statement but to each its own.

Fixed. 

3 hours ago, Randal Johnson said:

not that I know of.

Yep trapped in the closet by the pisser himself R. Kelley! Lol

7 hours ago, eagleblazer said:

Nice setup!

Thank you Sir. Wish I had time to work on it.

22 hours ago, Randal Johnson said:

Thank you Sir. Wish I had time to work on it.

No prob! I'm sure you'll find time soon. Good luck sir!