Randal Johnson

2002 Ford F-150 Super Crew

On 3/2/2017 at 8:46 PM, Julian said:

Hey man! yeah it has been!

heres an example of what I'm talking about

Picture134.jpg

This is a great idea now that I see a pic.

Got to think about this one. 

Thank you Sir !!!

Great, just fucking great. Transmission issues and error codes. Just what I needed. 

Looking on F150 forums for advice and talking to a friend at the local  transmission shop. Hope I can get this issue fixed without major problems.

Could quite possibly be a wiring issue. Going to dive in this problem this weekend. Wish me luck !!! 

If it helps, this is a great resource that I use on you tube...

He has a large amount of vids for Fords & used to be a ford tech. Sorry for the kinda wacked link but you can find his stuff on YouTube.

Apparently, nothing has ever been done to this transmission. It went completely out. Now having to drop a grand on getting it rebuilt that I didn't have to spend. Shit happens I guess. 

She should be back under my garage canopy next week. Maybe I can get back to work on my audio project. Thinking seriously on deadning all four doors should be my first place to start. 

Edited by Randal Johnson

On 4/7/2017 at 11:12 PM, Jay-C76 said:

If it helps, this is a great resource that I use on you tube...

He has a large amount of vids for Fords & used to be a ford tech. Sorry for the kinda wacked link but you can find his stuff on YouTube.

Thank you Sir !!!

Sucks to hear, but you will bounce back. 

Crap, sorry mang.  Curious how you shop for a transmission shop.  I need one BADLY as well.

11 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Crap, sorry mang.  Curious how you shop for a transmission shop.  I need one BADLY as well.

Thanks bro. Our small wreckers tow vehicles to A1 (local) all the time. They give our shop discounts for business. 

11 hours ago, jcarter1885 said:

Sucks to hear, but you will bounce back. 

Thank you Sir.

All right then, got her a fresh rebuilt transmission !!! Now hopefully I can get back to the business at hand here !!!.

Spent half of the day yesterday putting my fuses back in and retuning everything.

1 hour ago, Infinite913 said:

Pics or it didnt happen

Of what, the transmission ??

It went out around the time my dad died and my office picked up my truck and got the work done for me. I really didn't see any of the process other than idiot proofing my Kenwood head unit. I'm just glad it's back running again.

We want you to climb under the whip and snap some pics of her under side. Lol nah just happy you got it all situated. Now back on to the audio part of the truck.

1 hour ago, Infinite913 said:

We want you to climb under the whip and snap some pics of her under side. Lol nah just happy you got it all situated. Now back on to the audio part of the truck.

Well, I was saving the money up for a new dual exhaust setup. Guess I'm starting over with that one. This is the only truck I've owned so far with out being set up with dual exhaust. Might be worth snapping a few under carriage pics then. 

On the audio part, having a hard time on what route I'm wanting to take on the sub bass. Can't do anything in the dash and there's a 60/40 seat. So I'm guessing either the rear doors or something under the rear seat. I don't know, just throwing ideas around at the moment. I have time alignment, so this shouldn't be that difficult ... LOL

Small update. No anything audio sad to say, but this truck will be getting a full, true, NO cats, dual exhaust setup Tuesday !!! 

Yanking the old exhaust setup off this weekend. 

It has the 4.6 V8 so I'm kinda limited to 2 1/4"  pipes. It should make a nice deep tone like a Ford should. Going with a nice free flow mufler setup. Don't want it to be too loud. Just sound like it has a pair !!! 

I will be taking pics of this !!! 

6 hours ago, Randal Johnson said:

Small update. No anything audio sad to say, but this truck will be getting a full, true, NO cats, dual exhaust setup Tuesday !!! 

Yanking the old exhaust setup off this weekend. 

It has the 4.6 V8 so I'm kinda limited to 2 1/4"  pipes. It should make a nice deep tone like a Ford should. Going with a nice free flow mufler setup. Don't want it to be too loud. Just sound like it has a pair !!! 

I will be taking pics of this !!! 

That last sentence is my focus of all this sweet talk.

The cats are going bad anyways, and it would be more expensive to put it back stock. So I might as well built it like I want and be done with it. Can't wait to hear how it sounds !!! I love a bad ass dual exhaust setup !!!

Masterbend is done with my truck. It's dual'd out !!! 

Too bad I'm out of town to go pick it up. It will be late tonight to go get it. 

Just went to pick her up and she sounds Good !!! Old School !!!

Pics soon. Too late for them now. LOL

Dang, I need to boot up my home computer and post some exhaust pics. 

I'm not happy with my front stage at the moment. I know, I said I wasn't going stupid with this one, but Damn !!!

If I amp what I have, it's going to sound great. But if I land to keep this truck a while, I want my front stage to be bad ass !!!

I want at least 75 percent of this setup up on my dash. All my shit up and out on the hood !!! Know what I mean homie ???

Ha, I understand the toils you are referring to.

I want to see some exhaust pics..... The truck i got stuck buying is 05 f150 supercrew so i believe we have same setup. I plan on doing a blowthrough so ill be glassing my doors and doing pillarz of some sort im sure. So keep up on updates so we can share experience.

Damn. Forgot how t upload pics.

Edited by Randal Johnson