Rich Everett

cheaper subs for 2004 jeep grand cherokee

Ok so Ive had many systems in my life time.  I am looking for a 10" or 12" no more than $150.  I would prefer a 10" in a ported box.  I have a jl audio xd500/3 so 300 at 2ohms on the sub channel.  I'm not gonna upgrade amps.  I will run the front speakers off the front two channels at 70x2 or something like that. 

I can buy jl audio, alpine, kenwood, and hertz at almost cost.

For example jl10w0v3 $65 ea.

So I want to know some what you all think.  I was thinking about 1.5ft^3 but I know it will depend on the sub.  Let me know what subs. 

Take  a look at the SSA Store : you'll find what you need.

There are a few subs for less than $150.

Sundown E , Incriminator Audio, American Bass,...they all have good products for you !

Welcome to The Forum !

I was really leaning toward the IA I 10". Which American bass sub? I don't know why I'm afraid of sundown not because of failure  I just am afraid of them

1 hour ago, rich00 said:

I was really leaning toward the IA I 10". Which American bass sub? I don't know why I'm afraid of sundown not because of failure  I just am afraid of them

This will all depend on what you want your sub stage to do. Do you want sound quality, or spl? Do you want to run sealed, or ported? I'm gonna assume since all you have is 300 watts, you would probably want a sub geared more towards sq, and if you can get JL at cost, I would use a single 10W3, they can fit in small boxes and if you wanted to upgrade later, they can take more then 300 watts but don't have to have it to get loud. Now if your wanting as much spl as possible, I would say sound Qubed HDS210 in a ported box as there on sale right now, and hard to beat on budget spl installs.

Edited by Billy Jack

As my first post said. 1 10" ported.  I was thinking 1 10w3 honestly.  I had 2 jl 10w0v3 under the seats of a 2007 dodge ram quad cab they got plenty loud but lacked the impact I was looking for.  I had a cp108 8w3 in jl ported box in a 2011 gmc sierra reg same problem in lacking impact.  I don't need SPL I want more SQ but want to rock when I turn it up.  I don't need 140dbs anymore to be happy.  I have been looking at those sound Qubed subs in the SSA store. I'm not seeing any box specifications for any of these subs. 

So that HDS10 with 300 watts?  What size of ported box?  I listen to old school hip-hop and rap, heavy rock, 70's rock.  I just want it to sound good and give me enough spl to be happy.

These HDS 10's look good.  But half of RMS? I know about tuning and such just wondering if it will get moving with half of RMS?

Edited by rich00

So I was on the SSA store and all the 8's look good to me.  I am not opposed to 1 8".  I'm just thinking about this too much but I wont change it for a while. I'm not changing the amp probably ever.