moor9926

Into

What's going on all.  I have been lurking on the site for the past 6 months, reading, learning and such.  Have always had car audio in my rides since 1997.  In 1997, I purchase my first vehicle 1997 Blazer ZR-2.  Well I needed subs and put two Eclipse SW6000s 10 inch in there.  I then had a 1988 Toyota Cressida that was rocking two 10 inch Eclipse SW 88100, ran by an MTX 81000D amp.  Then a 2000 Escalade that I moved the two 10 Eclipse to and added a 10 inch Eclipse SW9100, all powered by Hifonic Brutus amps.  Then there is a 1998 Suburban with two 12 inch MTX 7500, powered by a Hifonics amp....THEN I stumbled across this board and learned about building a ground pounding system...Today or the last six months...There is one 18 inch FI SP4 in a 8 cu ft box, tuned to 30 hz, powered by one Taramps HD10000.  I was like WOW, I need another in the 2000 Escalade.  Over Christmas, I put one 18 inch FI SP4 in a 8 cu ft box tuned to 25 hz, powered by one Taramps HD8000.  I built the boxes myself (now being a Mechanical Engineer), Loved my vibrations class back in college, that was the fun part of the project.

BTW...I still have all those vehicle except the 1997 Blazer.

I now spend all of my time watching you tube videos of people's system and demo video.

G0025716.JPG

G0015667.JPG

Edited by moor9926

:WELCOME:

No need to lurk when you can hang out.  Looks good!

Welcome

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

No need to lurk when you can hang out.  Looks good!

I did the same thing cause I'm more of a do err, then a forum person, but I have spoke with some pretty decent guys and, I'm not gonna lie 1 arseho, granted the arseho knows his stuff at least. Welcome! 

I joined and lurked for years lol welcome bro.. hey how's that sound with port and sub being real close to the door?

16 hours ago, Liro213 said:

I joined and lurked for years lol welcome bro.. hey how's that sound with port and sub being real close to the door?

The sounds great, rattle was an issue, but I removed the interior panels and added sound deaden on the sheet metal and interior panels.  Rattles gone..

Cheers and welcome. Loved my SP4's when i had them. Competed with them for 3 and a half seasons. Loved them.  Build looks great. 

Welcome to SSA, glad you found us.  Liking the classic Toyota.

9 hours ago, Randal Johnson said:

Welcome. Nice Ride.

Thanks...After the warranty was up a day later I had to put some pound in...After putting the pound in, I was how did I drove without it so long..

Guys...I thought one SP4 for the other Escalade was all I wanted...Well ordered a second one this morning.  Time to start designing a box.