Billy Jack

DC audio lvl 4's DC 2k Cruze LTZ turbo

• large.IMG_0007.JPG.aac8ce618812c7927180176ecd7aca1d.JPGlarge.IMG_0003.JPG.84d2edab7185c8c1c563a457e3e8d646.JPG

More coming very soon! Took less then a week to make it to my door, now that's what I call service. 

There no evil, but yes they do look nice. Can't wait till the amp gets here. All I need now is a box, xs power batteryx2, and some zero gauge sky high ofc wire, and we will be up and running. Later this spring I'm gonna swap out the pioneer mids and Ct sounds meso tweets for some evils and a DC 4 channel. Also I have a new iPad mini I'm going to use with my factory radio for music and apps. 

A build log?   AWESOME, keep it coming!

It's always good to come home from a 14 hour work day and find goodies on the porch. I also gotta finish up my wife's dodge and I will post it up to now that I figured out how. 

image.thumb.jpg.c09d7423cd7e1607d4db7fc1c17a386f.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.03aba08afc41b4453f15fb4566b35b10.jpg

As you can see, I need a large ported box for the dodge, and install the Jl C2 61/2 components up front, but that's all. 

I had a Challenger and LOVED the car, but that trunk was a black hole for bass.  The deck lid and thick, comfy seats seemed to absorb and restrict all the sound.  I miss the car, but the PITA it was trying to get bass in a coupe.

7 hours ago, SS Teacher said:

I had a Challenger and LOVED the car, but that trunk was a black hole for bass.  The deck lid and thick, comfy seats seemed to absorb and restrict all the sound.  I miss the car, but the PITA it was trying to get bass in a coupe.

• I have experienced the same thing thing in this dodge. The entire system came out of a 2004 dodge stratus R/T 2 door, and it was considerably louder in the stratus.  That's why I figured I would get a ported box. The sealed pro wedge is a good looking box but a nice custom ported box will give the 13w7 the air space it needs to come alive. Also as soon as the 2015 mustang GT gets back from having its exhaust put on I will post up some picks of the sundown teams. 

image.thumb.jpg.d92f308cab4e4d37bcdc49adf3a9b431.jpg

Here is the mustang the week I got it. 

7 hours ago, SS Teacher said:

15 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:
  • I have experienced the same thing thing in this dodge. The entire system came out of a 2004 dodge stratus R/T 2 door, and it was considerably louder in the stratus.  That's why I figured I would get a ported box. The sealed pro wedge is a good looking box but a nice custom ported box will give the 13w7 the air space it needs to come alive. Also as soon as the 2015 mustang GT gets back from having its exhaust put on I will post up some picks of the sundown teams. 

Helped a friend pick out gear last spring for a '13 Avenger 4 door(trunk, fold down seats), ran into this issue as well. :( I tried talking him into letting me build the box in the trunk, firing forward and sealed off but no go. We settled on 4.5 cu/ft @32 hz for two ZCon 12's (subs up, port to the side) on a single SQ 2200 (until he finishes upgrading his electrical, then it will be two, strapped) and it's quieter than my two XCon's on a SQ 1200, but still clean and precise. :( Going to try a different box here soon. Any specific strategies you've used to combat 'Dodge Bass'?

Also, I'm not much for Mustangs.. but that's nice.

29 minutes ago, jones82joshua said:

Helped a friend pick out gear last spring for a '13 Avenger 4 door(trunk, fold down seats), ran into this issue as well. :( I tried talking him into letting me build the box in the trunk, firing forward and sealed off but no go. We settled on 4.5 cu/ft @32 hz for two ZCon 12's (subs up, port to the side) on a single SQ 2200 (until he finishes upgrading his electrical, then it will be two, strapped) and it's quieter than my two XCon's on a SQ 1200, but still clean and precise. :( Going to try a different box here soon. Any specific strategies you've used to combat 'Dodge Bass'?

Also, I'm not much for Mustangs.. but that's nice.

Honestly seat covers like leather ones, and sound deaden everything, is about all I know to try. They just have all this fabric on the door, and cushy headliner with a moonroof, it's a nice car but doesn't do well for making loud bass, it's just one of those cars. It's like the opposite of a Toyota or Honda CR-V, those could get really loud real easy with the way there made, all the vinyl seats and hard plastic every where. My Tercel got insanely loud with 3 jl 12w6's, on a M100 and M50. My favorite system by far sq wise. Now my F-body Z/28 was in the 150's, on a wall of kicker L7's. You know you are in the 50's when you go from setting off car alarms to bank alarms from 100' foot away. 

2 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

Here is the mustang the week I got it. 

Cool Stang !!!

8 minutes ago, Randal Johnson said:

Cool Stang !!!

Thanks man, I never dreamed I would ever own a new ford, but they gave me such a great deal I couldn't pass it up. I actually went to buy a Camaro, and lucked up on a left over 5.0 with a huge rebate, so instead of paying 1/4 more for a 2016 Camaro I got the Ford. I can't wait to here the new exhaust, honestly 5.0's are not the strongest engines out there, but do they ever sound good with headers, and after market exhaust. 

Edited by Billy Jack

7 minutes ago, Infinite913 said:

Yay! A build log!

giphy.gif

You do realize I already had a build log on here right. Granted it's not perfect and uses a pre-fab box but still. Lol

13 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

Thanks man, I never dreamed I would ever own a new ford, but they gave me such a great deal I couldn't pass it up. I actually went to buy a Camaro, and lucked up on a left over 5.0 with a huge rebate, so instead of paying 1/4 more for a 2016 Camaro I got the Ford. I can't wait to here the new exhaust, honestly 5.0's are not the strongest engines out there, but do they ever sound good with headers, and after market exhaust. 

I understand. Wish I had the extra bread the have my F-150 with the 4.6 cat backed just to hear how it would sound. 

8 hours ago, Randal Johnson said:

I understand. Wish I had the extra bread the have my F-150 with the 4.6 cat backed just to hear how it would sound. 

Yes they sound great to. Just something about the way the 302 is made, it makes them have the best bellow, like even better then far superior engines with more power, like my brothers hellcat. His dodge will eat my mustang for breakfast, but mine sounds meaner. My cousin Mark Smith designs proto type engines for ford in Dearborn, may ask him what it is about the 302 that gives it such a great sound over other engines like the chevy LS engines.

Edited by Billy Jack

42 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

Yes they sound great to. Just something about the way the 302 is made, it makes them have the best bellow, like even better then far superior engines with more power, like my brothers hellcat. His dodge will eat my mustang for breakfast, but mine sounds meaner. My cousin Mark Smith designs proto type engines for ford in Dearborn, may ask him what it is about the 302 that gives it such a great sound over other engines like the chevy LS engines.

It's all in the design of the entire engine. pipes and exhaust determine the loudness and tone.

large.IMG_0040.JPG.d577f749580cb70d538efbe02159b95e.JPGlarge.IMG_0039.JPG.8cdacd2de5ddb5e088f53fab566203ad.JPGThe DC 2k came today time to get this party started! 

Man that 2k doesn't look that big , looks good

32 minutes ago, Liro213 said:

Man that 2k doesn't look that big , looks good

Looks can be deceiving, it's actually way bigger, and heavier then I thought it was gonna be.  The picks don't do it justice trust me!

Hell yea. Time to get loud! 

Make sure the enclosure is good