Currently I'm only running 2 amps and just run the remote wire from my HU to both amps, but I'm going active and will be adding a Kicker Front Row and possibly an Audio Control EQL.  I don't think the single remote turn on from the HU will power all 4 components and I'm looking into relays.  I hit BCAE1 and I think I need a 12V 40amp relay, but the wiring diagram shows a distribution block for the remote wires in 16 gauge.  Where would I find one?  What do you guys do?  I looked at autoparts stores (I will not pay $6 shipping for a $5 part) and found relays but I'm clueless as to where to find distribution blocks that small.

They should have Bosch relays near you.

https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-332019150-Relay/dp/B0010ADJIE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1489003727&sr=8-3&keywords=bosch+relay

there are generic ones that can be fine, but I've had the same Bosch relay in one of my cars since 1987 and it is still working perfectly.  I've had generic ones fail in the first year.  I am sure you can find one locally cheaper than the link, but that should be fine.

You surely don't need 40A btw.  It is just a low voltage remote turn on.

16 hours ago, ///M5 said:

They should have Bosch relays near you.

https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-332019150-Relay/dp/B0010ADJIE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1489003727&sr=8-3&keywords=bosch+relay

there are generic ones that can be fine, but I've had the same Bosch relay in one of my cars since 1987 and it is still working perfectly.  I've had generic ones fail in the first year.  I am sure you can find one locally cheaper than the link, but that should be fine.

You surely don't need 40A btw.  It is just a low voltage remote turn on.

Excellent.  Do you just run multiple turn on leads from the relay (with 7.5 amp fuses each) or do you run a distribution block?

It is such low current I don't worry about either a block or fuses.  Of course I put the relay right next to what needs to be turned on.  If you fuse a single fuse for all the leads is fine right next to the relay.

I should add that you should fuse the power line to the relay, that I also usually just pull from the amp power source.

There's a good chance you won't need the relay. Most DSP units have the remote wire to them first to delay the amps turning on to eliminate turn on pop/bump. So far the ones I've seen that have the feature power the remote out from the supplied constant 12v powering them and have higher current capacity than the HU remote. 

I don't know much about your particular unit so I would suggest double checking the manual or emailing the manufacturer to be certain in your case. 

If it doesn't have that feature then the relay is a great way to get it done. 

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

It is such low current I don't worry about either a block or fuses.  Of course I put the relay right next to what needs to be turned on.  If you fuse a single fuse for all the leads is fine right next to the relay.

Awesome, got it!  I'll check on relays locally and if I can't find one I'll order it from Amazon.

Put a suppression circuit (diode) across terminals 85/86. You wouldn't want to fry your h/u

1 hour ago, edouble101 said:

Put a suppression circuit (diode) across terminals 85/86. You wouldn't want to fry your h/u

I most certainly do NOT want to fry my HU!  Looks like I've got a little more research to do...

It is just to prevent backfeeding voltage.  I've never seen a h/u or 12v device fail because one wasn't there...but am sure now that I type that I will.  Easy enough to add a diode. :)

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

It is just to prevent backfeeding voltage.  I've never seen a h/u or 12v device fail because one wasn't there...but am sure now that I type that I will.  Easy enough to add a diode. :)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's one of Murphys laws. lol