blowthemup

New Build with ZCON

Sweet!

Whoa you may need another recone if you don't go easy with that Sundown 4K but I'm sure you already knew that. Should be plenty of headroom that's for sure. 

Badass man . Always like seeing zcon builds

Thanks guys, i went with 4k to make sure the sub was getting what it needed. Didnt want the amp to be maxed out either. I think the 4k should be a good upgrade from the 2.5k.

45 minutes ago, frogcase2002 said:

Badass man . Always like seeing zcon builds

HUGE zcon fan here... Honestly I'd go zcon before evil.  If you know the "con" line from ssa... Zcon is the pinnacle... Evil is a whole different critter. Either way FUCK YEAH SSA! 

12 minutes ago, blowthemup said:

Thanks guys, i went with 4k to make sure the sub was getting what it needed. Didnt want the amp to be maxed out either. I think the 4k should be a good upgrade from the 2.5k.

Feed it good power and any zcon of any size will handle 4k all day... 

When I had the 2.5k it just didnt seem like the sub was getting enough power. After box rise I bet the sub was lucky to see 2k or if that maybe.

10 hours ago, blowthemup said:

When I had the 2.5k it just didnt seem like the sub was getting enough power. After box rise I bet the sub was lucky to see 2k or if that maybe.

Mine seems to laugh at the Incriminator 20.1 (2400w), but I stay at 12.5 v usually. Maybe it sees 2000 watts max ?
It barely moves, but it's musical enough, and still very loud when I want !

Good luck.

Tuned in...

Looking forward to build log pictures.

Here is the update, I didn't do a darn thing all weekend cause I was feeling crappy. Hopefully next weekend guys.

:woot: looks good man

14 minutes ago, jcarter1885 said:

:woot: looks good man

Thanks, I need to paint all that wood black and it would probably look better. I'm not gonna be too picky about the looks though cause it sounds so darn good. The 4k made a huge difference over the 2.5k, i'm extremely happy with the results.

The whole floor of the trunk has two layers of second skin damplifier pro, I then needed something solid to secure everything to so I cut a sheet of wood to cover the spare tire area. This is screwed down to the metal trunk of the car and not going anywhere, the battery box and sub enclosure are then screwed down to the sheet of wood. My mounting options for the amplifier were limited and as much as I hate putting it on the box however it did allow for a easy/clean installation.

I have taken anything that I don't need out of the rear of the car to mainly help keep rattling down and also help with weight. This included the plastic rear deck trim cover, rear seat belts, the rear stock unused speakers/sub, rear plastic a pillars, rear seat latches. Most of these parts removed the major rattles. The rear interior may not be the prettiest but at least it sounds better. This is in a 2013 Civic SI coupe and after adding 200 lbs to the trunk I will take every pound back in rattling parts that I can. The extra weight is definitely noticeable in such a small light car, its not as nimble anymore.

Still need to get my Singer alternator in, however stock alternator has been doing a great job in the mean time thanks to the awesome XS Power 3100. Nothing below mid 13's so far, I could probably get away without the high output alternator but I have it so I am gonna use it. Also still have a few things to tidy up but at least its in and playing. Sorry I didn't take a lot of pictures and make it more of a build log.

You're running a single battery in the rear, for a SCV 4000,and it works ? Nice. Maybe you're not going full tilt all day long ! :) 

I've wanted an scv 3000 for so long, to run my Zcon 15 !

2 minutes ago, Notorious97200 said:

You're running a single battery in the rear, for a SCV 4000,and it works ? Nice. Maybe you're not going full tilt all day long ! :) 

I've wanted an scv 3000 for so long, to run my Zcon 15 !

I'm still trying to take it easy on the sub and let it get broken in a little. Also keeping in mind that I only have the stock alternator in right now.

I don't intend to throw 4k at it daily full tilt all day long. But the power is there if I want it.