Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy90

Do I need 45s in my box? How do I measure bracing

How important are 45s inside an enclosure? Also how do you measure a 45 and braceing? 

It's debatable how necessary 45's are needed for daily use but all in all it doesn't hurt.

As long as your 45's aren't gigantic they don't take up much space at all, if you're worried you can calculate it using  you can use this website to calculate bracing you can also use this to calculate the brace volume http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/enclosure-volume-calculator/

Thank you. To be honest I'm still kind of confused on calculating 45s into my total internal volume i tried searching but no luck.. probably only need 3 45s total this is my first box I have designed entirely myself just want to to be as close as possible 

A 45 degree triangle has exactly half the area (and therefore volume) as a square of the same size.  Square area is Length x Width (volume then multiply it all by Height)...to convert to a 45 triangle cut it in half.

45s were a big thing not too long ago but lately I haven't seen to many enclosures built with them.

I havent seen an enclosure gain from 45's in years.  Pointless and a waste of time imho. If your competing, i would test without and with,...... but, i have never seen a gain using them. Ever.  Bracing, ... im a fan of. 45's, i wouldnt even put a second thought in them, if it was me.