Sign in to follow this  
eagleblazer

Anybody into Off-roading?

What brand of truck shocks should I use for off-roading? I am in the process off modifying my 2014 Ford F-150 XLT to make it off-road worthy. I already installed a set of mud tires, lift kit and heavy duty front and rear bumpers. After purchasing a heavy duty shock absorbers, I plan to purchase a snorkel, fender flares and have a skid plate installed on my truck's underbody. I am currently online window shopping on 4wheelonline's shop and I am left confused on their wide selection. Please help a newbie out. Thanks in advance!

Hahahahahahaha, that's like asking which brand of amp I should get!

Shocks are important, do NOT skimp and buy cheap.  I'm running Old Man Emu shocks on my Jeep and I am quite fond of them, BUT certain brands are better for trucks verses Jeeps, AND certain companies cater to different environments.  OME tends to be a good blend for on and off road but not "the best" for purely off road.  My friend runs Pro Comp on his Chevy (37"s) and has had good results, but went with Blisten on his Jeep.  SOOOOOoooo, in conclusion my advice is to join an F150 forum and get advice and opinions from F150 owners who actively off road.

Ya ss teacher pretty much hit in head on. We can give you a few personal preferences which is what im sure your seeking but also he is saying ask f150 forum aswell so you have multiple sources of info so you can make the ultimate decision. But this is your ride so make sure that "cheapest" is not your first priority. Other than that i have had great experience with rough country lifts but ive never dedicated my truck to just off road. Welcome to the forum.