Jeremy90

Will this work and be an efficient busbar?

Not sure what you mean by buss bar those are just ring clamps with a post terminal. I believe the battery has that option on it without needing that extra part. Sorry i cant be of more help but i dont understand your asking of buss bar. Are you connecting 2 batteries or more?

Sorry it's 5 duracell group 31 amgs and they have all have both top post and a side post type deal on top it doesn't look like I would have enough room with the two being so close together.. I was under the impression haveing a busbar on the pos an neg are more efficient for the battarys then connecting the battarys with wire.. basically I'm trying to use those clamps to be able to put on a busbar

Edited by Jeremy90

Google busbar and click images and you will understand why we don't understand.  Ie you linked a terminal...

Think he is saying you cant put a bus bar on the threaded part of the batts cause its to close to the regular top post . And wants to know if it would be ok to use those terminals on the batts and a bus bar connected to them

Ok so what you think he is saying is he will connect the clamp terms and then he wants to run a bar across the threaded parts of the clamp ring he showed us? 

That's exactly what I'm saying .. with those connectors on the top post let me install a buss bar and still be efficient 

To answer in short no because of how many different connection points you would have with different types of metal would start to oxidize creating problems later

I believe there are studs on the top if the batteries which would mean you'd have no need for ANY other terminals.  You could even cut the top posts flush to make mounting easier.

13 minutes ago, Infinite913 said:

To answer in short no because of how many different connection points you would have with different types of metal would start to oxidize creating problems later

Oxidation is easily controlled.  I'd be more concerned of increased resistance between the multiple conductors.  

32 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

Oxidation is easily controlled.  I'd be more concerned of increased resistance between the multiple conductors.  

Plus being inside the vehicle will help control the environment needed to accelerate oxidation. If they were outside the vehicle oxidation would be more of a concern due to moisture & ect.

There would be nothing gained or lost by using ring terminals & the correct sized short runs of wire -vs- a buss bar.

The buss bar would help to join the batteries together as one unit and look nice, but unless you are dealing with a large amount of amperage you wouldn't notice any difference.

If it won't help efficiency that much I'll just go with wire but iv read busbars are more efficient I could possible drill off set to account for that top post being right next to it 

I would only be concerned if you're competing.  That's the only way you'll benefit.  

Here are my old bus-bars that I made to fit on top of dual post batteries.

sCI7qYt.jpg

2 hours ago, Jeremy90 said:

If it won't help efficiency that much I'll just go with wire but iv read busbars are more efficient I could possible drill off set to account for that top post being right next to it 

I don't understand your term efficient.

As long as the connections are strong and uniform, you're good. Buss bars can help with multiple connection points. Happy hunting.

4 hours ago, Julian said:

Here are my old bus-bars that I made to fit on top of dual post batteries.

sCI7qYt.jpg

That would work

On 3/17/2017 at 1:46 AM, Jeremy90 said:

That would work

They're pretty easy to make, or you could have ProjectDb or ToolMaker make you some.