Sign in to follow this  
Travis

Aero port idea

Im about to start running some new 2/0. I need to break down and buy one of the spl meters. Saves a hell of a lot of time running down from running to my buddies shop to put it on the term lab. Ill be going in a week or so to see what numbers ive got after the electrical upgrades and go from there

20170303_132748.jpg

2 hours ago, Travis said:

Im about to start running some new 2/0. I need to break down and buy one of the spl meters. Saves a hell of a lot of time running down from running to my buddies shop to put it on the term lab. Ill be going in a week or so to see what numbers ive got after the electrical upgrades and go from there

20170303_132748.jpg

Running wire is my least favorite part of building.  Upgrades looking good though. 

Worst part is over until my northstar 220 shows up. It was already done in 1/0 but pulled it all for some basshead 2/0. 2 runs to the back. Still no bass till the new battery. Killed both of my crap ones. Ones resting voltage was 8.3 and the other was 10.420170325_183118.thumb.jpg.999d3880f7752251b57a3ddaa701c934.jpg

Yea i watched a video of a single dd sub i believe a 12 or 15 hit a 155. But at like 71 hz or something that nature. Crazy high. Built for one purpose. I want the happy medium but its turned into a complete rebuild so i dunno. Sold my sundown zv4 18 so i planned on an FI sp4v2 or Btl but ive been trying to contact Fi and it said theyre email is full. Id like to talk to them first. Keep it up and im gonna say screw it and order a evil 18.

20 hours ago, Travis said:

Yea i watched a video of a single dd sub i believe a 12 or 15 hit a 155. But at like 71 hz or something that nature. Crazy high. Built for one purpose. I want the happy medium but its turned into a complete rebuild so i dunno. Sold my sundown zv4 18 so i planned on an FI sp4v2 or Btl but ive been trying to contact Fi and it said theyre email is full. Id like to talk to them first. Keep it up and im gonna say screw it and order a evil 18.

SSA Evil 18 would be intense.

Finally got on my buddys ssa meter last night since the rebuild. Sealed on the dash im getting a 146.4 drivers window down a 147.9. Both at 35hz. I unfortunatly forgot to put my rear seat down and last time it was worth .6 on the meter. Im pretty stoked! Got a little more wiring to do and a new sub and box to build but the rewire was good for 2.5 db

Good shit man, that's why we say it's all in the install. A couple bad components in an install could rob you of performance.

Well i know the weak link now is in the front battery and my roof for sure. Theres zero sound deadaning in the jeep right now and im really trying to figure out what im gonna do with my roof. I really want to just glass it but that will be such a huge undertaking. And thank you jcarter. Im still grinning!

Edited by Travis

:):)

Aaron even tho i went dc for my sub best believe im gonna order more/bigger amps and my own ssa meter. That thing is sweet!

On 6/1/2017 at 10:53 PM, Travis said:

Aaron even tho i went dc for my sub best believe im gonna order more/bigger amps and my own ssa meter. That thing is sweet!

:woot: