Sign in to follow this  
99gpgtx

Thoughts? Evo X HU

I take it you have an EVO to install this in ???

Looks pretty legit. What are your plans with it? Just as an interface to control audio source and volume or will this be used as amp source as Well? If used as amp you will need adapter to work with factory amp

Edited by Infinite913

15 minutes ago, Infinite913 said:

Looks pretty legit. What are your plans with it? Just as an interface to control audio source and volume or will this be used as amp source as Well? If used as amp you will need adapter to work with factory amp

I already have system installed, just wanted something different (hopefully an upgrade)....for reference im not very knowledgeable when it comes to HU...the last HU i purchased was yearrrs ago (Alpine d310+h701)

Crescendo:

2 sets of messos

12" Fi Q

RF 360.2 (which i dont like) (open to suggestions for a replacement)

Skyhigh

XS

Edited by 99gpgtx

As far as cleanliness it is a nice upgrade. I cant really speak for the radio itself but from the reviews users seem to love it. Since you have upgraded system my vote is go for it. As far as the 2 channel goes how much power would you want out of it without having to upgrade later?

As of right now the only thing i could see myself upgrading is the front stage power, maybe adding another 800.4. 

We have been having issues though (possibly ground issues)

System all in, ill hit a bump and the right side will go out or crackle really bad until i either hit another bump or a turn up the volume (odd). Yanked out the sub the other day and the leads from amp to sub box looked like they had been put in a microwave. Waiting on some 10g wire (using 14g, lines doubled up on the sub so no issues there, just amp to sub). Since i took the sub out iv not had any issues with they right seit cutting out and/or crackling. Not 100% sure what the issue is

10 hours ago, 99gpgtx said:

Ahhh, damn, i didnt see it was Evo specific ;)

14713055_1395813357110623_55277813133938

Nice Ride. My son is looking for something similar. 

From what iv read and heard, i hear its not a very good unit. 

Any other suggests? Looking to spend around 300-400 if possible. REALLY would like to replace the 360.2 as well. So open to suggestions

For the price, I don't think your gonna beat it. 

I do like the part that is plug n play without modification.

It also looks like you can go on line with it for upgrades. Or am I reading this wrong ??

consensus is the OP is a crappy unit...looking for something else now. Open to suggestions