Travis

Sp4 v2 or btl help!?

Just wondering opinions. Ive been eyeing both. God the new btl is sexy... but lacks a 4" coil. Which the sp4 has. But isnt as sexy. Running a sundown zv4 18 now and i have the itch for a new sub. It will go on my synergy 35.1. And really wanting to add a second amp and sub down the road. This will be used daily if that helps... opinions? Ive never ran FI but its going to happen if i can make up my mind.

Edited by Travis

Ssa evil = sexy time!!!!  Oh what uhm sp4 or btl both have eye candy quality 4" coil is nice to throw more power at.

Yea i was debating the evil too but my buddy is running them. Amazing subs. But its a little of  the wanting to be different factor. I lean towards the "4 coil too cuz gobs of power....

3.5k that's not a lot of power for an SP4. 

That would nice for daily. Louder than a BTL ? I don't know. 

Yea its a tough call. Id love to go up in power down the road too. I dont know enough about Fi to make a decision. If it were purely based on looks id say btl all day. But we all know its whats on the inside that counts.

1 hour ago, Travis said:

Id love to go up in power down the road too. 

The BTL should not like that too much...for daily pounding ! 

Lol decisions suck. The btl claims 2500 rms. If i dont go up in power and just pick up another 35.1 and sub down the road... im assuming from everything ive read about Fi subs theyre pretty underrated. If it was a 4" coil i wouldnt even question it. The zv4 gets a little smelly on the 35.1 my buddys ascendant team 18 got down on my amp for break in. Never smelled the coil once and beat on it for a week. Way more serious of a sub than the zv4 and a 4k rms tho

Edited by Travis

stick with 3" coils and strap another 3.5 down the road

I just put my zv4 up for sale on cl to see if i get any bites.. the itch is real. Lol. Notorious thanks for the imput. You too bluedreamz... the btl could probably take the 35.1 all day and just add another and another amp down the road. The future goal is 2 18s but thats a ways down the road

Edited by Travis

Ive seen 4 sp4 v1 15s on 1 taramps 8k and they got down and played great. If you plan on upgrading later i would say get the sp4 now and it will take the 35.1 and love every bit of it. People always think you need to max the rms on a sub to get it to perform optimal and that is not the case. My vote is for the sp4 and i absolutely love the btl. I just think options later are worth looking into. Btl may or may take full 3500 daily. But the sp4 will no doubt eat it all up.

Very true. Id rather be slightly underpowered than overpowered in a daily setup. Plus it leaves room to go bigger without having to change subs again down the road to go up in power.

Why not another zv4 and then you will already have the 2 18s your wanting .  Would rather have fi or ssa but since you already have a decent sub you would forsure get louder with a 2nd 18 than getting a different 18

Thought about that route too. But i have this addiction since my first car back in 99 that i cant run the same setup for more than a year without getting something new. My old lady doesnt understand it. She knows what i spend on things and just shakes her head. Plus the zv4 18s are getting harder to find. That may change with the zv5s coming out. All the audio shops here sell memphis, jl audio, american bass, ect. Theres nothing wrong with that or the companys... i never was a fan of american bass until i heard my buddys 3 xfl's in his durango. But everybody runs the same equipment.  Plus my buddy that owns a shop that sells all memphis.. i like getting under his skin. Hes comment when i got the sundown was "i wonder if its louder than a mojo" um yes. One sub doing 143.7 out the gate on crap electrical and no tuning was.

Looks like the zv4 might be sold if dude shows up monday. Time for a freshie!