Mark LaFountain

SSA ICON Series Amplifiers **ALL NEW!!**

Follow  @dr.lindsey_ssa on instagram... She leaks updates and cool stuff way before aaron and mark do in here lol. She has a pic of the amp up and she also is running the new improved zcon in her ride. 

On 5/9/2017 at 0:09 PM, bluedreamz said:

wish the ssa logo was RED

It is. 

The amps are done, and they are on the way now.  We will announce when they arrive.

Really nice! .  Cant wait till more power is out

On Tuesday, May 09, 2017 at 5:44 AM, ohio45113 said:

Follow  @dr.lindsey_ssa on instagram... She leaks updates and cool stuff way before aaron and mark do in here lol. She has a pic of the amp up and she also is running the new improved zcon in her ride. 

New IMproved Zcon?

6 minutes ago, garychurch84 said:

New IMproved Zcon?

It is only Zcon in name at the moment.  Will probably be a separate model.

Great looking board,...

Is that TIMMY i see in one of the pics !!!!! LOL,.... great dude there.... 

Id love to get one of these in the daily... hmmmmmmmm  Well done mate. Well done. 

On 6/22/2017 at 8:59 AM, Kylar96 said:

Great looking board,...

Is that TIMMY i see in one of the pics !!!!! LOL,.... great dude there.... 

Id love to get one of these in the daily... hmmmmmmmm  Well done mate. Well done. 

Yes, Timmy came to Slam and we had him and his truck in our booth.

Those amps lokk nice, kind of an old school look.

Maybe I will get one, or both, someday. ;)

They're not cheap though...

20 hours ago, Notorious97200 said:

Those amps lokk nice, kind of an old school look.

Maybe I will get one, or both, someday. ;)

They're not cheap though...

Thanks, that is due to them not being a cheaply made amp or even just a logo slapped on someone elses amp.  These things emptied us out, they were very expensive to launch.

I love the look and sound! I may have had a breakfast demo.

Now I just need to get around to buying them.

24 minutes ago, nem said:

I love the look and sound! I may have had a breakfast demo.

Now I just need to get around to buying them.

:woot:

Will there be a bigger model  than the 2200 coming anytime soon? I plan on a 150.4 for my Evil mids.

Man love the old school look on these. Guts look very stout as well. No doubt theyll be awesome. If i go casual in the wifes car i think i just might...

On 23/06/2017 at 11:39 AM, Aaron Clinton said:

Thanks, that is due to them not being a cheaply made amp or even just a logo slapped on someone elses amp.  These things emptied us out, they were very expensive to launch.

Maybe you should explain more.

Tell us what benefits do they have, why are they really good, how "not cheaply made" they are,...
Sorry for those questions, but those are your first amps. I don't know what to expect, and why should I buy them (and change both my IA amps !).

I'd still love to get that 4ch class D...

On 6/24/2017 at 10:18 AM, jcarter1885 said:

Will there be a bigger model  than the 2200 coming anytime soon? I plan on a 150.4 for my Evil mids.

I plan to launch a larger model, but it will be a little while if you want the honest answer.  These were horribly expensive to get off the ground, so it will take a while to recoup money to do another run and then add larger models.

22 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

I am not sure where to start, but they took a number of queues from a few VERY durable, well established, high end amps.  We were not going to throw something so expensive and risky out there that wasn't a dead on certainty that they will be reliable and perform.  Benefits are long, as in how stout they are, the board design, the proven tech, the well done heat sink, the part choice, the foot print, the design, the durability, and so on.  Yes, I know much of it is seeing these in person to see and feel how nice they are.  When we debuted them at Slamology, the reaction was awesome.  They are heavy for their size, that is due to the thick heat sink.  Heat has not at all be an issue in extensive testing before production.  I'm not saying you should change your IA amp, they are great also.  These are simply an outstanding option in the higher end amplifier market (see our subs, our mids, our tweets, all high end pieces priced very well that people need to see them perform to see how good they are) and we have priced them very competitively, and they are under ratted. 

All your products are very well priced. I won't say they are cheap, but they all seem to be worth every penny !

I was just surprised when I saw the amps price, with not so much informations about them.

I hope I will be able to get one soon !  :) 

On 6/26/2017 at 5:15 PM, Aaron Clinton said:

I am not sure where to start, but they took a number of queues from a few VERY durable, well established, high end amps.  We were not going to throw something so expensive and risky out there that wasn't a dead on certainty that they will be reliable and perform.  Benefits are long, as in how stout they are, the board design, the proven tech, the well done heat sink, the part choice, the foot print, the design, the durability, and so on.  Yes, I know much of it is seeing these in person to see and feel how nice they are.  When we debuted them at Slamology, the reaction was awesome.  They are heavy for their size, that is due to the thick heat sink.  Heat has not at all be an issue in extensive testing before production.  I'm not saying you should change your IA amp, they are great also.  These are simply an outstanding option in the higher end amplifier market (see our subs, our mids, our tweets, all high end pieces priced very well that people need to see them perform to see how good they are) and we have priced them very competitively, and they are under ratted. 

What are the real ratings since they are under ratted, looking to upgrade from my US Acoustics Mike soon?

6 hours ago, My63rag said:

What's the efficiency percentage on these amps?

Looks to me like they were built for better dynamics, quality, and power handling and not so much worring about efficiency. 

Which is a good thing in my book !!!

Nice work on the new products Mark and Aaron. 

Edited by Randal Johnson
Spelling

On 6/27/2017 at 4:24 PM, Notorious97200 said:

All your products are very well priced. I won't say they are cheap, but they all seem to be worth every penny !

I was just surprised when I saw the amps price, with not so much informations about them.

I hope I will be able to get one soon !  :) 

Yes, I need to work on a description for each one.

On 6/27/2017 at 3:09 PM, My63rag said:

What's the efficiency percentage on these amps?

If I remember correctly, 84% @ 4ohm mono for the 2200.1 and 71% @ 4 ohm stereo for the 150.4.