crackinhedz

Finally back to my Xcons!

Dang. Diggin the 10s in almost flush on the doors !!! Wish I could do that.

6 minutes ago, Randal Johnson said:

Dang. Diggin the 10s in almost flush on the doors !!! Wish I could do that.

Thanks! Yeah Hyundai definitely left some room to work with. OEM was 6.5's, no real metal cutting except for a small gap to ensure speaker terminals never touch any metal. 

I had some RE XXX 6.5"s, which were 3.25" deep! These Dynaudio's only 3" deep. The diameter had me a little worried, but it all actually fit. A tight fit, but it worked! 

IMG_20170320_172903.jpg

Also,

all credit goes to Alex (WhereAmEye? on DIYMA) for the awesome A-pillars and David Berger for the sub enclosure and rewiring of the system.

Looks like a very fun install.

Nice build how does it sound

29 minutes ago, ManzKea said:

Nice build how does it sound

It sounds excellent! (to me of course)

I need to work on EQ a bit, but truly my best setup. It has taken many expensive years of trial and error but I feel I have obtained my ultimate goals, my audio nirvana. Sound quality first and foremost, with capability to just be stupid loud. (Though I prefer SQ). While maintaining sufficient cargo space for travel and groceries. :)

Move a lot of air?how big is your port and what are you tuned too? And that's crazy, 10's in the doors. :)

11 minutes ago, ManzKea said:

Move a lot of air?how big is your port and what are you tuned too? And that's crazy, 10's in the doors. :)

It's definitely rare, though the forum has a member that started with 10's and switched up to 12's in the doors of a Honda, Civic I believe. The drivers were all Aura NS series woofers. 

16 minutes ago, ManzKea said:

Not sure of the exact port measurement, but its tuned to 33 HZ.

It moves a ton of air! Has definitely brought out all the rattles I never knew could exist. I sound deadened as much of the car as I could, clv, ccf, mlv etc. My sunroof being a weak link as I could not fully gain access for more deadener, I did what I could. I'm sure being upfiring subs plays a part in that.

I metered 143db with a single Xcon 15" on 1400rms, cannot imagine what I'll be with two 15' on 1000rms each. Definitely more than I will ever need. These Xcon's are my holy grail subs, no desire to upgrade from these ever. The be all, end all for me.

3556.jpeg

Sweet! Glad you have a system where there is no desire for more ! Lol 

Nice mids.  I would like SSA to expand into something in that realm.

24 minutes ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Nice mids.  I would like SSA to expand into something in that realm.

I think if you made a nice 8" midbass that wasnt too deep for most doors, that could play low 50-60Hz range at a fair price point you will have a winner. Im thinking along the lines of a JLzr800 

Also a 3" or 4" widebander...might even attract the sq crowd. 

Im not even using tweets at the moment, my midranges from 350hz-20k ... Also helps I can't hear above 16k anyway. :)

Those 10s and those A pillars look nice. 

Great install ! 

bravo :)  

1 hour ago, Notorious97200 said:

Great install ! 

Thanks!

6 hours ago, crackinhedz said:

I think if you made a nice 8" midbass that wasnt too deep for most doors, that could play low 50-60Hz range at a fair price point you will have a winner. Im thinking along the lines of a JLzr800 

Also a 3" or 4" widebander...might even attract the sq crowd. 

Im not even using tweets at the moment, my midranges from 350hz-20k ... Also helps I can't hear above 16k anyway. :)

The 8" is planned, but will have to wait until it's time to order the 6.5's again.  But yes, I badly want to kick off a 3" full range.  My favorite personal install ran a pair of 3" FR89's and no tweets.  So smooth.

Nice pillars!  Sure everyone would like more pics of those... :)

58 minutes ago, Aaron Clinton said:

The 8" is planned, but will have to wait until it's time to order the 6.5's again.  But yes, I badly want to kick off a 3" full range.  My favorite personal install ran a pair of 3" FR89's and no tweets.  So smooth.

Hey if the size and mounting is similar to the L3v2's and you need someone to give a review I'd gladly accept a pair. :D

Screenshot_20170413-180136.png

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Nice pillars!  Sure everyone would like more pics of those... :)

3314.jpeg

3398.jpeg

3460.jpeg

3485.jpeg

1787.jpeg

1786.jpeg

IMG_20170322_071448.jpg

IMG_20170322_071457.jpg

IMG_20170322_071503.jpg

IMG_20170322_071546.jpg

Edited by crackinhedz

My buddy Alex made the pillars, and he happened to have a friend who does auto upholstery in NC, so the vinyl wrap was no problem.

They look really good in person, and the color match almost exact. Though it took some getting use to pillars while driving, gave me almost a tunnel vision feel but that has since gone away I don't notice them as much anymore. I thought about and tried a beige speaker grill cloth, but couldn't get the grill back on. I might try painting the grill, but for now Im ok, they still look so good.

Edited by crackinhedz

Yes Sir, they do look nice. Also, nice work on the angles. 

Love the doors and pillars, leave them as they are since the black matches the dash. 

Stock h/u?

Edited by jcarter1885