My63rag

Wanting to upgrade. Icon to x-zcon

I'm currently running and icon 12 off 1200 watts in 2.4 cubes at 29hz. I'm wanting to upgrade to a x or zcon 15 off this amp.. http://www.woofersetc.com/st-1650xm-ii-zapco-monoblock-1650w-rms-class-d-amplifier.html i can squeeze 4cubes of enclosure. im think 34-37 hz. Will there be any benefit to getting the z over the x other than feeling cooler with the chunkier sub

20170307_170115.jpg

Yeah I second that, why not another 12" Icon?

I thought about that. But where can i get a matching sub. The brand new icons are different right

Edited by My63rag

Going from a 1200 watt amp to a 1650 watt amp will not make it noticeably louder.  Obviously going from a 12" to a 15" WILL make it noticeably louder provided the 15 is in a properly designed and constructed box.  I LOVE my XCON but haven't heard the ICON or ZXON to be able to make a comparison.

Which one do you have . Whats the motor look like

I thought about that. But where can i get a matching sub. The icons are different right

20160409_202321.jpg

Im thinkin i should order a new icon. And a recone kit for this one. It has a tiny hole in the surround unknown play time.( bought it used and Iv been running it hard for a year).That way they match. And i will have 2 fresh 0 mile subs a new zapco and enclosure  to start over with..  

9 hours ago, My63rag said:

I thought about that. But where can i get a matching sub. The icons are different right

20160409_202321.jpg

My old Icon was different.

Are you sure it's not the same ?

Mine as the inverted dust cap..the new ones have the standard dust cap i believe 

On 4/18/2017 at 9:09 AM, My63rag said:

Mine as the inverted dust cap..the new ones have the standard dust cap i believe 

IIRC they are the same except for the cap change, there might be some minor soft part changes but it shouldn't affect much, If you wanted them to match I would just recone your old one and then purchase another woofer.

I contacted them. And they got back to me today. They said if I want that can build me a icon with the inverted dust cap

Sounds like a win-win man.

Thats cool man

Personally, I'd rather see a couple of hot chunky chicks in the back of that bad ass VW ... Wait a minute, clicked on the wrong forum again. Need to stop this.

Sounds Awesome brother. Can't wait to see things in motion !!! I'm tuned in !!!

8 hours ago, My63rag said:

How did you know fat girls are my thing?

It's what i do brother. LOL