My63rag

6.5 evil to replace diamond HEX 6.5

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Yes.  2 4ohm drivers in parallel equate to a 2ohm overall load.  Will split the power at 2ohms then.

As for where/how and such they are going to be...a picture is worth a thousand words and may help us give you further insight.

This is where my current HEX are now. I was hoping I could mount one set here. And perhaps building enclosure for another mid. Placing it under the dash next to the console. But I don't know if it would work well to be in different enclosures

q1hAvts.jpg

6qXGN0P.jpg

tsNn53j.jpg

CK2M1U1.jpg

LbpLLVb.jpg

I had assumed you built something onto the doors.  No way I could have fit anything up front like that on my '59...but I wear size 16 shoes, lol, so just pushing the pedals took some extra dexterity.

Improving the current "enclosure" will help as well.  There is not anywhere near enough air behind those while also being too easy for letting the back wave come into the cabin.  Problem with those doors as too much more weight and the wimpy hinges won't let them close.  The only easily vented place in that car is the dash itself...but not sure you want to cut that up.  I bought my car in pieces, body, pan, engine, trans, and pretty much everything else was new.  I hand welded on heater channels I had bent at a metal shop...wasn't anything original so cutting whatever was fine.

Try a single pair of mids, have fun with your system.

Later you'll add another pair of mids if you feel it necessary.

I was running a single 12 with the diamond hex and it sounded fantastic together. I'm adding another 12 so I'm thinking I'm going to need a little more out of my front stage. But I'm also upgrading my front stage amp. And going from a Pioneer DEH 7900 BT. To the 80prs. From what I'm hearing it should be night and day sound difference if I go active On the new head unit. As long as they evil mids and tweets can perform as well as the hex... and if I can find a way to remount my mids giving it more airspace Maybe vent it into the hood area  a bit.. right now it's sealed off in very little air space. So if I can change all that stuff hopefully the one set will be enough. That's my plan man. Thoughts?

The lack of air will squash your midbass.  The SSA driver should have more potential there, but won't like being squashed.  Venting into the hood would help a TON.  I'd personally definitely try with a single set first.

When it comes to car audio, I've learned that it's always best to do more with less. 

1 hour ago, Randal Johnson said:

When it comes to car audio, I've learned that it's always best to do more with less. 

Not just car audio.