Sign in to follow this  
Travis

New sub to be ordered this week!

Ok heres whats on the table. Its either going to be a new FI sp4v2 18 or the beloved SSA evil 18. Sub would be dual 1 for coils. Ran on a synergy 35.1 at half ohm in a box thats 7.5 cubes tuned to 32hz. It is ran daily. Its played daily. Rarely sees full tilt unless its for demos. But im also going to start entering all the competitions i can locally and possibly slamology this year. Opinions what would net me a higher spl score between the two? If any difference at all. Sub one way or another will get ordered wednsday night so help a brother out! 

I would go with the evil personally but I woundnt think there would be a huge difference

I wouldnt think either. As far as musically im leaning toward the evil. Down the road i plan on walling and a second sub and amp but thats a ways away still. Ive heard great things about both subs. 

Design and build a daily / competition enclosure. Low tuned (low 30s) for daily and high tuned (mid 50s) for competition. Vehicle resonance can very so choose your high tune wisely. 

Word to the wise, do not play low tuned music with the high tuned port. It's not a question of if you would tear your shit up, it's when ... understand ???

Thatll probably be the case. Im looking to build a newbox for the new sub once it arrives. The box ive got now was built to smash lows and it does awesome. Unfortunatly thro the years ive torn up lots of great stuff (couple mtx 2300s back in the day, lost grounds, both amps up in flames). You live and learn. Sometimes cheaply. Sometimes quite the opposite.

We're on the SSA forum ;) ---->EVIL for sure !

But why do you want to run at 0.5 ? 

I dont necessarily "want" to thats just how its in now. The team 18 is dual 1. It needed broke in because he has yet to build a box and just got himself an 08 tahoe ltz. My electrical can take it but yes i know if something fails itll probably take my amp and sub out. Mainly because when it comes time for the second sub i can wire them to 2ohm and make my final load 1ohm. Still aways down the road but im trying to plan ahead.

I understand ! Right choice, then ! :fing34:

Well its ordered. None of the above tho. Went with a dc level 6 m4 18 full carbon fiber cone and dustcap upgrade. Anxious to see what a large chunk of cash just bought me for one sub...