Sign in to follow this  
frogcase2002

motorcycle audio

Has anyone had any experience doing any audio on a motorcycle?  .   Going to be doing an install on an 04 roadglide . Just seeing if anyone has any recommendations or anything since I have not messed with a motorcycle yet . . There is a stock head unit and 2 speakers . Customer wants to try to keep the head unit and replace the stock speakers and maybe add a couple more speakers and maybe amp them. . Hes not a big audio guy so im sure wont need crazy quality . Just want to be able to hear clear music when on the highway and shit

I'd refer him to an lisensed and bonded audio shop just in case there is any problems and you wouldn't be liable if something tore up on the bike. 

There's a reason why audio shops charge ALOT to work on bikes. 

Just saying. Good luck my friend.

Im not worried about messing up the bike. Just dont know about the audio for it/if its any different than a car . . I have a shop and have done audio for like 15 years. Just have never worked on the audio of a bike

Ill be fine with the installation part.  Just didnt know if there is some decent speakers and amps that will work better than others for a bike. . .

Just looking quick I seen some like kits that are like 400+ . . And from my experience with car audio usually kits and sets of shit made for things are usually shitty compared to putting it together your self so I didnt want to just tell him to buy some harley speaker kit and have me install it . I want him to get the best he can for his money

38 minutes ago, Randal Johnson said:

I'd refer him to an lisensed vbonded audio shop just in case there is any problems and you wouldn't be liable if something tore up on the bike. 

There's a reason why audio shops charge ALOT to work on bikes. 

Just saying. Good luck my friend.

I would never refer anyone to any shops around me . There some of the shittyest shops Iv ever seen 

Not knocking you brother, it's just I know how people are about their horses. In my line of work, if you open a compartment wrong, you bought it. 

Just saying the reward is not worth the trouble when it comes to motor cycles. 

Trust me, we have ALOT of them around here. Just watching out for ya Brother. 

I defiantly understand about how people feel about there bikes . But this guy is a friend and i was wanting to work on it to get a little comfortable working on motorcycles befor I would actually do a random persons

I did a system on a gold wing once. I replaced the arm rests on the rear seat with some pioneer prebuilt 3-ways. The ones that are in a fully enclosed plastic case, that are about the size and shape of the armrest.  I think I aimed them outward, but it was a long time ago so I don't honestly remember. I just used the deck power for those and the fronts.