Sign in to follow this  
Dved

Need sealed box dimensions for 2 Icon 12's.

Can someone help me out with some dimensions for a sealed box for 2 Icon 12's?  Need 1.25 cu ft. per speaker.  Going in an Escalade.  Have 46.5" width avail.  Currently in a badass ported box I built.  Want to try out the sealed enclosure for SQ.  Attached a pic of my current box.  

IMG_8007.PNG

What makes you think you need a sealed enclosure for Sound Quality ???

If you're after maximum space, I would suggest make it as tall as possible.  This will give you the second dimension,  as you already have the first dimension.   Then figure out whatever depth lands you at 2.5 cu ft.  Minus the wall thicknesses and sub displacement of coarse. 

Worst case is you will be limited to the width of the subs on the face, if you are facing them up.  In which case that will give you your Depth,  then figure out the height to land at 2.5 ft.³ internal dimensions.

Google volume calculator or any other website with such program is your friend ,  just continue to tweak the dimensions until you come up to the correct volume.   Just remember you are doing internal volumes. So your 46.5 would only be 45 on the Calculator,  if you are using three-quarter inch material on the two sides.