Hello all!! New here and just have a quick question to get me started, picked up an 18" soundqubed sub and i'm going to build a ported enclosure with blueprints from soundqubed; problem is they don't specify what type of wood to use or the thickness, some info here would be greatly appreciated!! TIA! Jesse    i included a photo of the build specs for all who is curious! 

18-Single-Ported.jpg

:WELCOME:

3/4 MDF or VOID free Birch ply are the defacto standards.  With either I would double up on the baffle and also use bracing.

If you want to overkill 1" MDF can surely be used, but the bracing/doubling above is more than adequate.

i need help with a box design for 2 american bass xfl 1544  im putting them in a 2012 mazda 3 hachback max width is 38 inches max height is 20 inches max depth is about 24 inches i want it tuned around 32 hertz and i want them to be have a divided box with each sub having its own slot vent. I am not sure if it should fire them up forward or back im kinda leaning towards up firing im putting a mtx 81000d on each sub. i think im going to use 3/4" birch. I want to double up the baffle.  

Welcome