yayo86

Need 6ch amp for active setup

So I have Audison Voce tweeters, mid range & mid bass on my challenger & need help choosing a 6 channel amp & also have audison bit one on vehcile. Was looking at the arc audio xdi 1200.6 or mosconi one 6ch series but the arc audio has more wattage & its cheaper.

No reason to spend extra on the Mosconi.  Probably cheaper options as well, but generally I use 2 amps for that application so you can get more power on the midbasses.

In my years of competition, I've found it best to go with multiple 2 channel Amplifiers. Just a thought.

So 3 2ch amps for front stage? Looks like it might take too much space.

I'd never bother with that.  Just one 4chn and one 2chn.  Allows you to put something beefy on the midbasses.  The mids and tweets hardly need any power in comparison to the midbasses.  Would allow you to upgrade the midbass later on to something that really digs too.

The ZED Leviathan would be my top choice for a 6 channel. Otherwise I would go with M5's suggestion, as it would grant you more flexibility in choices. Plus if one amp dies, your not totally ampless. 

Just curious, are you running a subwoofer amp also? 

I had to get creative on my last car as I could only fit so many amps in the trunk, so the tweeter amp ended up under the passenger seat.

Yeah i well be getting a sub amp, but need the front stage first then ill move to the subwoofer.

I don't know how some feel about budget amps, but I've been really impressed with the PPI Phantoms. And a bridged 4 channel will give you a clean 450 x 2 for under $200. 

They replaced my JL HD's & I noticed zero difference..

A watt is a watt is a watt. A cheaper amp may or may not handle hard use/abuse as well. Even that is questionable now a days though. Otherwise you will never hear a difference. 

I wasn't a believer of budget amps until I tried those. 

I'll continue to utilize them in future builds along with the NVX and Polks that share the same guts. 

I run cheap amps....and no one can tell.  Blind A/B testing is enlightening.  Conveniently I used to reach sound quality assessment juries how to act and fulfill a real test so I have some background.  Add to that over 40 years of music training and my ears are pretty good.

I was using 2 cheaper amps at first Cadence zrs c9, but they warent working well. I had to turn the gain almost .75 to have decent amount of volume, they produce hissing noise & 1 amp was having electrical static noise.

Gain settings are irrelevant from a where they are on the dial perspective, thermal noise however is a sign of crap.