Steelr

New to SSA

New poster to the forum. I was away from car audio for 12 years or so but I gave in to the bug again in the last 6 months. I am shopping for a new sub at this time. Waiting on the GCON to be re-released, as I have been looking at many different subs and it seems to be the best fit in my price range. I bought a JL 12w3 last year but my car audio rust was showing, as I bought it on ebay and it blew with no abuse. Now I am looking to do it right this time and landed here at SSA.

:WELCOME:

I guess I should have mentioned where I came from and what I have so far in my new system. My favorite system ever was in mid-late 90's: an MB Quart 6.5 midbass, 4" midrange and 1" tweeter with 2 original JL Audio 12W6. System powered by two Class A Adcom 40wx2 amps. Before that was PPI Art Series amps (50x4 and the A600). Amazingly the 40x2 Adcom's were more powerful than the 150x2 PPI. 

Right now I have a 2011 Camry with a Pioneer 4800 in-dash DVD feeding Audiosystem amps in Active mode. Front stage is Seas tweeters in the dash and Dayton reference 7" midbass in the doors. I am considering going with the Evil 6.5" and tweeters to replace what I have now. Currently using a 10" Dayton HO sub I had laying around until I can purchase a new sub.

Edited by Steelr

Welcome

Welcome to the SSA forums.  I have the latest prototype 12 of the Gcon replacement now.  Will be posting more info shortly.

New to ssa I'm already using sundown zv5-12 with a scv 2000.1 sundown amp I've been hooked on ssa products ever since.

I like going to car audio shows I would like to upgrade I will be at every show I'm obligated to.