Sign in to follow this  
Second Skin

Going Cheap Rarely Works Out

Another week goes by and another builder decides to go the "cheap route". Don't make the same mistake that so many people make in the car audio world, never use cheap asphalt/tar filled products to sound deaden your vehicle. The picture below happened in Minnesota, not a desert climate.

19437611_1740878212589831_46032009105760

This one had the best excuse we have heard yet "the bass made it fall off" and then the sheet got caught on the window and poof, the mess you see is the end result. There is always the excuses of "I didn't clean the metal properly", "I didn't push the sheet on good enough", or "I should have used a heat gun to apply it". Many of the internet based companies try to pass off similar looking commercial roofing products as vibration dampers. But don't be fooled by these products, because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use when the product fails.

Do the project once, right the first time. Always insist on high quality American made butyl products for your builds!!!! :djparty:

Second skin for the win. Love my SS products.

14 hours ago, Infinite913 said:

Second skin for the win. Love my SS products.

Thanks for ordering.