Jeremy90

Do I really need this charger? CTEK charger

All together there will be 5 105ah battarys on a buss bar I noticed they have a cheaper version of the one iv been recommended just wondering what makes this so special an is it worth the extra $100 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0045F3SGY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_9p1Tyb2YMB2WY?tag=vs-auto-convert-amazon-20

Edited by Jeremy90

Also what size fuses do I need total amp hour in battary bank 580 55ah in the front 525 in the back amp is audio qubed q1 7000 

Edited by Jeremy90

3 hours ago, Jeremy90 said:

All together there will be 5 105ah battarys on a buss bar I noticed they have a cheaper version of the one iv been recommended just wondering what makes this so special an is it worth the extra $100 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0045F3SGY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_9p1Tyb2YMB2WY?tag=vs-auto-convert-amazon-20

Why do you need a 25amp charger?

2 hours ago, Jeremy90 said:

Also what size fuses do I need total amp hour in battary bank 580 55ah in the front 525 in the back amp is audio qubed q1 7000 

Fuses ALWAYS depend on the wire, nothing else as their sole goal is to shut off the electrical potential down the wire if anything causes it to pull too much.

My alt sucks and I was going to use the charger to maintain the batts and take some stress off my alt 

Amperage required then will depend on how low your batteries get.  When are you planning to plug the car in?  Every night...etc.

I was going to get a volt meter for the rear bank an monitor them if they look low I'll charge them up do you think that's a bad idea?

For nearly the same money wouldn't it make more sense to buy an alternator?

I really like the idea that you are building a strong enough battery bank to handle what ever you throw at it. However, they will have a short shelf life if you do not get an alternator setup strong enough to handle the current draw. 

After hours charging is the easy part and can be done with a AutoZone charger. 

Edited by Randal Johnson

On my boat I use on onboard charger.  Just need to plug it in then.

The 20amp version of this connects to three batteries at once and charges them independently.  Of course I have this left over from when I had a 36v trolling motor where I would waste the batteries each and every day on the water.

I don't want to get a alt because I'm getting a new car ordered my wire fuses heat shrink yesterday still need buss bar charger an batts then all the big stuffs done 

7 minutes ago, Jeremy90 said:

I don't want to get a alt because I'm getting a new car ordered my wire fuses heat shrink yesterday still need buss bar charger an batts then all the big stuffs done 

I don't get it. Why do all this work to a vehicle knowing your not going to keep it ???

What little work I'm putting into it is worth it to me for bumps for the mean time probably take me about 6 months to save for a new car.. at what point should I charge the bank how low should I let them get before I top them off I really don't know much about maintaining a battary bank 

Draining and charging a battery will kill it way faster than keeping it maintained.  

Also, low voltage will destroy an Amplifier and will most likely NOT be covered under any warranty (if I remember correctly). Just saying.

Basically what they are saying man is they want to help you do this right and in that case you need a better alt regardless. If you insist on wanting to do it your way i aould recommend charging them every time you use them. We want you to be successful in the cheapest route possible i assure you. Which in this case is us trying to make your spent money last longer. So to simply answer the question you want answered it would be every time you use them charge them to try and prolong what life you can get out of them. 

Another thing to note, since you have such a large battery bank (I assume 5 g31's), charging at 5a each is going to take forever to bring to an acceptable level.

Damn I guess I'll put the battary bank on hold until I get a new car thanks everybody for the feed back 

Alternators are the cheapest and most logical mechanism for charging batteries.