Travis

Amp imput

Well sold my synergy 35.1 so i can go more power for my freshie dc level 6 18. Really wanting to look into the synergy 7.1 to match my 4.150x... has anyone had good or bad luck with these, the 7.1 or something similar in power and price? 7500x1 at 1 ohm for $1599. Ive wathed the dyno runs and watched youtube vids of the amp but not talked to anyone firsthand.

No idea, not used or seen that amp but will say that Youtube videos will show you nothing of value and regrettably the SMD dyno is equally useless and can't measure anything.  It is just a way of collecting money from noobs.  So beware of anything you thought you know from those sources.

True. It doesnt show reliability. Real world use. Ect... i already have issues with the bass knob mine had. Amp worked great. As soon as the knob was attempted amp went into protect on the first click. Unhooked it and amp was fine again. Even contacted them and my response from them was "in our opinion the knobs are garbage". What?! Why send them with the product then. Yes they may put out the power, and i loved my 35.1 so im not trying to product bash. But nobody wants issues.

It also doesn't indicate anything about power output.  Neither videos or the pos dyno.  Absolutely as useless as the DD-1 paperweight.

On 7/10/2017 at 4:13 PM, Travis said:

Well sold my synergy 35.1 so i can go more power for my freshie dc level 6 18. Really wanting to look into the synergy 7.1 to match my 4.150x... has anyone had good or bad luck with these, the 7.1 or something similar in power and price? 7500x1 at 1 ohm for $1599. Ive wathed the dyno runs and watched youtube vids of the amp but not talked to anyone firsthand.

About the only way to get input on an Amplifier is to buy one, test, and tune. You can go to shows and talk to real owners, but for the most part, it's all install specific depending on power on tap, driver, and enclosure build. And most important, vehicle in question. 

Good luck my friend.

Edited by Randal Johnson

Yea thats gonna be the plan after i recover from putting a new roof on my house. I wasnt dissappointed by the 35.1 got decent numbers from one sub and the enclosure i had. Never clamped the amp but did decent numbers after the new electrical. (146.4 @ 35hz 147.9 @ 35 hz drivers window down). New enclosure will get started this weekend and ill try to get some pics posted of the build as i go.

Edited by Travis

Clamping is pointless so don't bother.  New enclosure time is always sweet.

Hopefully we can do this sub justice. Gonna have to delete stuff from my phone to get photo bucket working again

20170609_221353_zps1htcmldl.jpg

20170609_221310_zpsasz9i249.jpg

Beefy!20170609_221918_zpsgppgboxw.jpg

20170703_213424_zpshmltzgv9.jpg

20170707_170056_zpshyxu24w0.jpgstill tons of work ahead

20170712_171855_zpshcadsupm.jpg

Next to my buddys ascendant team 18s in his 08 tahoe.20170610_090537_zpspkw806pv.jpg

Edited by Travis

Thats all for now. Till i can get working on my enclosure. 

New memphis mojo components. My buddys a memphis dealer. I bought the first set. Last time i looked they werent even on memphis 's site yet. The pics of the dc do it absolutely no justice. Its almost comical as big as the thing is.

I'd demo those components before installing them.  Sure the high end will be loud, but there is going to be a monstrous suck hole in the frequency response.  

The passenger door is in and playing but no glasswork is done yet. Theyre loud but not overbearing loud. Im not blown away by them by any means. But i got a good deal so cant complain. I definatly might end up changing them out down the road.

That's one beefy sub, me like!

nice work so far

Thanks. Actually came across someone local (well three hrs away) here in ohio to build a box for this monster. Josh Wahlie is gonna take it on. Time is a major factor in subcontracting.. between my 18 month old and my work schedule things are crazy on my end. Always wanted to try a kerfed port box so i suppose its time.

Where in ohio are you

Warren. Basically between youngstown and cleveland. Josh has video up on youtube (custom box shop) ill.try and post the link. Hes working on eight boxes rite now. Mines last in line but the parts are cut.