Sign in to follow this  
frogcase2002

feedback/whine through mids and highs

Trying to get some ideas on what could have caused this . . Installed 2 ppi 900.4s and a taramp 10kw in a vehicle yesterday and tested everything and every this dead quiet.  Not a bit of any noise. Later last night we installed a ampere 9k in the vehicle and now im getting sounds through the mids and highs . . Only thing that was done was taking out the taramp,  putting in the ampere and installing a new volt meter . .  Just trying to get some ideas befor I go into the shop today on What could have cause this when just changing the sub amp

The grounds aren't perfect anymore.

Ill check all the grounds . Didnt mess with any grounds though . Just added another run of power and ground from rear batt to the ampere

There is a loop...could also be the RCA's grounding of the new amp.  Definitely should find it in either a loose connection or a ground.

Well I hooked up an old ground isolator to the sub amp rcas and there is not a peep coming through the mids and highs . . 

I guess im not understanding something . I dont get why the sub amp would effect the mids and highs amps . There was no sounds coming through the subs just the mids and highs and the sound would go away when I took the rcas out of just the sub amp

It sounds like the new sub amp created a ground loop sending stray noise interfering with your rca's.

With the filter you are now isolating the stray signal (noise).

I'd remove it and see if you can find the source.  Try grounding the amps together and grounding the rca's

Thats what im going to do . A  yea its not making the noises now but I dont like having to put that isolator on to get rid of it