Thomas

New build for the gmc sierra

3 hours ago, Thomas said:

A wall of 16 8's on 24k would be different and have a cool factor of being unique.

Not sure something that intrinsically isn't as good should be a benefit.  If you want to be unique, make your system sound good as well as being loud.  Regrettably that is unique.

I like the idea of all the 16  8's Pyle driving in a flat wall,but I also have to be competitive in my competition class..just hard decisions..

Well is going to be 18's again...just finished box

20170307_135838.jpg

Going to be digital design 9918 supercharged with a 12k taramp on each one @ o.5 ohm...should be back to my 160's without any problems. Keep you updated..

Enclosure looks good :fing34:

Thanks. .not bad for a days work. The port in the pic is for burping at 58 to 60 hrtz. I'm building a slip in areo port for daily play around  32 to 34 hrtz.unlike many of my competitors in my class I like to play my music,never will I build just a big fart machine..lol. Also after world finals I will be adding 2 more 18's and 2 more taramp 12k bass amps..just going to build another box like this slide it on top and seal it off for my wall,should be very loud then.

My ultimate goal for this truck is as close to 165db daily driver..have made it to 163 db so far with a similar box,1 taramp 10.9k, and 2 soundqubed hdc4 18's. So once the wall is in with the power I have it should be realistic. ..all of my trials and errors over the past 10 yrs are finally  coming together. Should be a blast

Looks great! Dang 12k at .5 ohms on each how will those subs take it daily? Box looking great btw. Can't wait for updates 

The subs would not be able to handle that much power daily at full tilt,but if gains are set and enclosure is right they can handle some power.kinda like a street race car on the street,if you drive it normal she will last alot longer than ridding around with the foot to the floor all day.lol

Right now I have 2 taramp 12ks on 8 skaraudio zvx 8's no smell yet or smoke but they are being pushed to there limits. I will post a video today of them playing daily

Here's the 8's on 24k. Lol they are not happy about it...18's next week 

new box I'm trying out...4 skar zvx 8's 1 12k taramp.. port wars score!

Went to a show this weekend. .term lab magnum says that my spl labs bluetooth meter is pretty damn accurate. 

new box I'm trying out...4 skar zvx 8's 1 12k taramp.. port wars score!

The wall is here!why the hell I can't post pics?

Teasing!

You try to post within the reply box !

Says I'm over my limit with pics...trying to delete some of the old ones out so I can put the new ones in...Ugh!..been working hard on the new wall. It's tuff by yourself and just have had knee surgery and back surgery in the last 8 months..but I'm almost ready to play the wall got a few good pics as I was building it...just gotta get the pics figured out 

Video of the wall playing two of the subs on 2k audiopipe. .not putting both 12k's in till I get the other two subs in.

Bad back and knee ansnyou managed to get that beast box and heavy subs in!?!?

All Burch so the build isn't as heavy as if I would have done it in mdf..but the subs were a pain ..had to rig up a pulley system lol...played it for about 10 minutes on one of the taramp 12ks...and it was very impressive, it did 157.4 with just the two subs..so I can't wait to put both amps in when my other two subs get here...

On 8/13/2017 at 0:25 PM, Thomas said:

Well is going to be 18's again...just finished box

20170307_135838.jpg

How does a slip in port look like!? Your box doesn't look that deep so I was curious as to how you'll reach the tuning frequency.  

And what a score. Wonder what 2 12k will get ya. And so you have a pic of your pulley system? I can't wrap my head around it lol 

It was a slip in 12" flared areo port..tuned to 32 hrtz. ..without port 58 hrtz 163 with both 12k's ,with daily port 32 hrtz 156 to 158 on music both 12k's 

If I could figure out how to post my pics,or clear my older pics on this site I could show all the new wall pics....

U tried posting straight into the reply secretion ? If so I didn't know It has a limit. I wonder how you'd delete pics in the replies u post. Because I just use that and it's been showing my pics no problem. It lets you select a file from your phone