• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

1. Recent Topics

• 17 comments
        • 393 comments
        • 2 comments
        • 5 comments
        • 6 comments
        • 1 comment
  • Similar Content

• By codester
      Been awhile since Ive been on here but I Just purchased back my 2x 15" SSA Icon subs I first purchased around 11 years ago.
      I have/ had them in a 7.2 cubic foot box net tuned to 32 and it sounded great on the bass music and rap/ hip hop I used to listen to but not amazingly accurate/ punchy on rock, etc.
      Im looking to only use one of them in my 2010 Ram 1500.
      I currently have a 10" JL W7 in a sealed box in the truck and it sounds great and I love it but doesn't quite have the output Id like and planning to put 1 of the Icons in the truck.
      Im considering either Ported or sealed. I now listen to mainly bands like chainsmokers, club music, alt rock, heavy rock, and a bit of edm, etc. Looking for it to be very accurate on kick drums but also hit hard so you feel it in your chest.
      According to SSA optimal ported is around 3.5-4 net tuned to around 32hz but Im thinking about tuning a bit higher. Ive done some winisd modelling but its been a long time and just wanting to hear thoughts on these designs.
      My max dimensions are 20" wide, 24" deep by 22" high.
      This is one design i'm considering, is 2.25" wide too thin for port width? im worried about port velocity and noise
      \
      Or if I go sealed this is what im thinking.

Thanks again for any help

• By Austin863
      Well, well, well, Look what the cat dragged in. super surreal to be back on the forum after pretty much a friggin decade.

it’s nice to see most of y’all are still active here! Here’s the current build in the works for my 2005 forester.
      Plan/currently installed:
      -6.5 door upgrades (2 evil 6.5 up front paired to some evil tweets|2 coaxial alpine typeS in rear doors. Most likely going to make custom crossovers for the front)
      -1 Sundown Sax100.4 
      -Sound deadening on the inner door skins removed all plastic lining on door skins aswell.
      -old ass pioneer Bluetooth double din head unit from 2012
      On the way to me:
      -1 SSA Evil 15” woofer d1 probably running on a half ohm to whatever amp I decide on.
      -Amp TBD and Currently taking suggestions(3-400 target price range)
      -1 ported enclosure tuned to roughly 30-31hz
      objective of this build is to be a SQ monster with the capability to be Very LOUD and lots of pressure.
      I got this car in a trade and have had to do a few maint repairs to it. But this is exactly the build I was thinking about when looking for this car. So I’m suuuuper stoked and have been brewing this build up for a while now. Feel free to ask questions and leave feedback on whatever!! 

Feels good to be back!!

• By Second Skin
      INDEPENDENCE DAY SALE
      Summer is in full swing and the parties are underway. After shooting off some fireworks and celebrating the nation's birthday this weekend, don't forget to scoop up some American made Second Skin products for your garage project.  
      Now through July 6th, take 20% off all products and enjoy FREE SHIPPING to all continental U.S. locations. Use FREEDOM20 at checkout to soak up the savings. 

Don't forget to check out these new products

Firewall Ceramic Thermal Coating Is Back

Self Adhesive OverKill Pro 3/8" thick Closed Cell Foam

Self Adhesive OverKill Pro 1/8" thick Closed Cell Foam

Radiant Shield Reinforced Foil Heat Shield (1,000 degree F rated)

• By iMnstr
      I’m probably going to be flamed for this but where would I learn how to build my own drivers like SSA and Sundown do? Do they manufacture the surrounds, cone etc themselves or do they outsource most of the parts and assemble them before selling them? I really want to start my own business someday and car audio is my passion and I would LOVE to learn all I can.
  • Recent YouTube Posts