ManzKea

Ssa evil 12s finally arrived

These surrounds are much larger than I thought. The online pics does this thing no justice. Can't wait :)

Thank you for your patients on this order.  We are glad they made it safe and sound.  As for the t-shirt, I am getting another new quote to have more printed up as soon as we can.

51 minutes ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Thank you for your patients on this order.  We are glad they made it safe and sound.  As for the t-shirt, I am getting another new quote to have more printed up as soon as we can.

Was it suppose to be with my subs ? Must be going like hot cakes if you're all out lol 

Both runs went really fast, and separate from the subs if we had them in stock.

Ok 

7 minutes ago, Randal Johnson said:

Nice drives.

Thank you. Can't wait to hear em 

Started my box figured I'd share with y'all. I know how we love build pics! Anyways nothing special lol don't mind the flaws, it's nothing compared to some of the other build logs I've seen on here.

box will be  5.5 net after displacement and what not. I got 84" of port area which I'm placing in the center.

I read subs up port back is great for an SUV set up so I'm trying that out. Usually would put sub and port firing back.  Never tried made a box like this before.

1FA45099-ECE7-444B-9CEC-36BF3FB42275_zps

F4F1FDCD-082E-4242-91BD-3B7FC14047F3_zps

D863FC61-6CDC-42C4-956F-3C6637134A0C_zps

Rounded the ports to ta to help air flow and all that jazz. 

Edited by ManzKea

I picked up these battery terminals from  illcustomz and I love em. Gonna push these amps with a taramps hd8k I got two runs of 0gauage with power and ground going to em. 

55CDCCE9-AF40-4DF6-8EF7-881975337D97_zps

E66AC9DC-7EE7-42A9-9DD4-251A92292F00_zps

Got a hifonics Zeus pushing my kids and highs. All Rockford punch pros.  6.5 in the front and rear speaker locations. Rockford ppt1 tweeters in stock location. And a super tweeter and 8" in a pod I made located in the rear

F315B2B1-27A8-4620-99EB-0574B8ED3EED_zps

A11EA9C6-B162-4A36-A8BA-1E38A2284834_zps

330E0FCC-F7B1-4158-9545-1168D7E153EA_zps

well there it is! And a little shot of the pods I was talking bout. One one both sides

I like how it sounds.  It gets loud and has a wide range it hits. But I feel like the amp isn't giving me what I know it can out of it. I looked and noticed the voltmeter sits at mid 12s while the Jeep is running. Shouldn't it jump to 13volts while the vehicle is running?

1A1A672D-D558-45B1-BA77-6C5EAD1165CA_zps

Another thing I noticed. I may have messed up on the port as I sat and thought about it. At the end I wasn't thinking and I just put the length I needed to finish the port, now that I think about it the enteranxe of the port is 3.5 inches. The port itself is 7h by 12w. So I'm thinking that could be affecting sound? So I'm gonna take the subs out and try to cut off part of the port to keep that 7" consistent. And while I'm at it I will be adding some braces to the top of the port to support the top of the box, I'm also planning on adding a double baffel. But before I did all that I wanted to know how the box was.

Yea, leave a comment and input on the build and what not. I'd really appreciate it guys

Edited by ManzKea

Oh, to help with the voltage I just picked up a 40ah limitless lithium battery. See what will happen with a direct swap. 

Mine sits at 13.7 13.9 hot on my battery in the rear. It should defiantly sit higher. Don't quote me but newer vehicles have the voltage regulated by the computer. We just unplugged the relay that tells the vehicle the battery is charged on my buddy's tahoe and my other buddy's walled Buick Lucerne.  Both were having the same issue

1 hour ago, Travis said:

Mine sits at 13.7 13.9 hot on my battery in the rear. It should defiantly sit higher. Don't quote me but newer vehicles have the voltage regulated by the computer. We just unplugged the relay that tells the vehicle the battery is charged on my buddy's tahoe and my other buddy's walled Buick Lucerne.  Both were having the same issue

Hi I checked the front and there was a loose connection on the fuse between the front and rear battery ! Lol now it sits higher. What a relief. 

D60B1447-39FC-4F59-B5A9-0868303724DF_zps

CA681639-F638-4688-903E-329713C7B3C5_zps

cut the port with a dremel. Took forever and I was fighting it because it didn't go all the way through. Lol. I know this ain't the normal build pics I see uploaded but whatever's. Gotta keep it transparent with y'all. Maybe someone would learn from this lol 

And this is how it looks like to live on an island in Hawaii. A cool overcast day in September 

A1D1DE60-53FD-4B84-9381-C1A6305635C0_zps

52 minutes ago, ManzKea said:

Hi I checked the front and there was a loose connection on the fuse between the front and rear battery ! Lol now it sits higher. What a relief. 

D60B1447-39FC-4F59-B5A9-0868303724DF_zps

Awesome. At least it was something simple. Realized yesterday my under the hood battery is starting to swell up so time for a new one. Just been putting it off.

4 hours ago, Travis said:

Awesome. At least it was something simple. Realized yesterday my under the hood battery is starting to swell up so time for a new one. Just been putting it off.

Oh snap. Yea you gotta get up on that. Why kind of battery was it ?

Whatever cheap battery they put in it before I bought it. I plan on a Northstar group 34 to match my 220 

Oh ok nice. Heard good stuff about north star. 

What does it mean if the bass sounds hollow. ? When it's blasting in some notes it sounds like a hollow sound. Like not so much  knocking but just an out of place sound coming from in the box. 

17 hours ago, ManzKea said:

And this is how it looks like to live on an island in Hawaii. A cool overcast day in September 

A1D1DE60-53FD-4B84-9381-C1A6305635C0_zps

Best build log photo. :)