Hey guys i was recommend here by denim.

Be patient i don't know much about stereos, i'm a motor guy.

Here's my situation, my explorer has an xtant 3300x powering then entire stereo system. It burned out about 3 weeks ago, supposidly a shop is fixing it, but they say they are having trouble getting parts. I'm growing impatient because i have nothing at all, because i have a non powered eclipse head unit.

I'd like to replace it with a xtant 603, but at the moment even a refurbished one is a little much for my budget.

Could i get away with using a xtant 403 to power the whole thing?

Pics of the stereo are on the second or third page of my cardomain in my sig.

I have a downfacing box with 3 10 inch mtx subs, but i'm not real sure what kind.

3300x

Stats are a couple pages down on each.

I can get the 403 cheap, or i can hold out for mine to be fixed, which the cost i agreed to is 110, on top of the 30 i paid them to look at it, it's at a repudable place.

Would i notice a big difference in sound with the 403?

Thanks,

Joe

Since I know you and I know your tastes,

if the shop drags you along and keeps delaying the repair, the 403a would be the way to go, the differences are not going to noticeable IMO

all Xtant amps I have dealt with have all been very nice, and the 403a is no different, for the money I say grab it

Since I know you and I know your tastes,

if the shop drags you along and keeps delaying the repair, the 403a would be the way to go, the differences are not going to noticeable IMO

all Xtant amps I have dealt with have all been very nice, and the 403a is no different, for the money I say grab it

very nice amp

jamie

Well, i'm going to give them until this wednsday, That will be 4.5 weeks, when they said it would be 10 days. I'm trying to be patient because i like the amp, but since it powers my entire stereo i'm going nuts.

Joey I Imed you abou the Kicker 550.3 on SD, thats a good option, is not as pretty as the Xtant, but I think it has more power

Be patient and wait for the results of the amp in the shop. You waited this long whats the difference now. I know how you feel I waited a month after sending in my viper. If money is the issue why would you spend more? Then what will you do with 2 amps? If i read it correctly..

I told the repair place, who really wants to fix it for some reason, that if i call before it's fixed, whether they have the parts or not, that i'm going to tell them to forget it, and take the amp back, and get a new one.

Then later i can get it fixed when i have more cash, then i can use the 403 in my mustang.

bah i hate shops as of the moment, because they tried to fix one of my amps, but it broke when i got it back, and then they said it w my fault :thud:

I basically waisted my money. But i emailed the company and they sent me a refurbished one, haha i love companies.

Well, i just called xtant to see what they had to say, seems they don't repair the older models anymore because they have trouble themselves getting the parts.

You'll see me here on weds or thurs night saying either i'm getting another amp or mine is ready.

So if anyone here has doubts the 403 can't power my system please let me know now.

Thanks,

Joe

Don't get discouraged with all repair shops. If you find one that does warranty repair for manufacturers, you're half way there. Check into parts modification and see whats involved in upgrading the amp. Today, any amp that produces the end result for you is worth the money to repair.

Well, my xtant 3300x amp is not fixable supposidly. They said they put a bunch of parts into it, but it still won't work right.

So i just purchased an xtant x603 which seems to be almost exactly the same.

Should i ebay the 3300 for parts? So someone else in the same boat can use mine for parts if there's breaks?

Or should i save it? not sure how alike my amp and the x603 are, but the schematics look nearly identical.

Hey shoot me some pics of the amp to kwik9550@comcast.net

Did they tell you why it was not fixable or what exactly was wrong with it?

Hey shoot me some pics of the amp to kwik9550@comcast.net

Did they tell you why it was not fixable or what exactly was wrong with it?

I was too lazy to pick it up yesterday, when i do, i'll take some pics after when i'm comparing the insides of the x603 to the 3300, so i can see if my untrained eye thinks it's worth it to keep it for parts.

They'll tell me whats wrong when i pick it up, but so far they said they've already changed a bunch of stuff, and it will start to work but it shuts off. They also said some coil is burned and possibly something wrong with the power supply, whatever the hell that means.

Joe