ty50

Confused....MOREL!!?????

IMG_0195.JPG.052fbb1d77a14e11b0b815822b763f43.JPGIMG_0194.JPG.e501b280cb45f22a0edeae76d5b3c45b.JPGI HAVE a set of discontinued Morel Integra Ovation 6 or 6.5" coax (point source) speakers.

I had them installed in a vehicle I sold years ago but snatched them out of the car before letting it go.

So I have had these put away since ~ '09ish 

I am virtually positive that there is a built in crossover in the back. There is a small plastic disc that simply peels off the back and I see what appears to be a capacitor or resistor whatever, among other stuff. IS THAT THE XOVER?

your input is greatly appreciated and will keep me from pulling my hair out.IMG_0193.JPG.97187775b06f306aedc452dbf2d0cc5e.JPGIMG_0190.JPG.67979e76d2a3ab17b8fccede138880a6.JPGIMG_0191.JPG.2d6c804e5ccc4ae31c15c16f4372c2bd.JPG

Cool photo.  Personally I have never torn one apart, but that is interesting way to go about it.  Some will just throw a little cap on the side of the phase plug riser.

Just goes to show you how crappy component sets for cars are "designed"

5 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Cool photo.  Personally I have never torn one apart, but that is interesting way to go about it.  Some will just throw a little cap on the side of the phase plug riser.

Torn apart? I simply pulled a little plastic disc off the back with little effort.

so im assuming thats ther xover.

32 minutes ago, ty50 said:

Torn apart? I simply pulled a little plastic disc off the back with little effort.

so im assuming thats ther xover.

I don't think he meant torn apart literally, I believe he just meant took apart to see whats inside. When he says "interesting way to go about it" he meant the company building the speaker, not you taking it apart.

Also welcome to SSA.

7 hours ago, AXEHAMMER said:

I don't think he meant torn apart literally, I believe he just meant took apart to see whats inside. When he says "interesting way to go about it" he meant the company building the speaker, not you taking it apart.

Also welcome to SSA.

Ive been a bit wound lately for other reasons. I apologize guys. 

I think your wheels have been mistakenly mistaken, you can go to youtube to reinstall.

Just by looking at the pics, and being it's a coax driver, I believe it's safe to assume that's  the tweeter's crossover network. Looks like a great use of space to me not needing an external device near the unit. I'd be willing to bet they would sound really nice in a set of doors if they haven't been beat up from wear and tear. 

Hook them up somewhere and let them jam !!!

Edited by Randal Johnson
Spelling

13 hours ago, ty50 said:

Ive been a bit wound lately for other reasons. I apologize guys. 

We all have those days friend, no worries!

On 8/31/2017 at 6:33 AM, Randal Johnson said:

Just by looking at the pics, and being it's a coax driver, I believe it's safe to assume that's  the tweeter's crossover network. Looks like a great use of space to me not needing an external device near the unit. I'd be willing to bet they would sound really nice in a set of doors if they haven't been beat up from wear and tear. 

Hook them up somewhere and let them jam !!!

Thanx for your reply.  they're actually in good shape. I installed them in the front doors very temporarily in my '10 Tacoma with some decent amps, HU, etc. and they did sound really good. It had been so long that I couldn't remember if they had external xovers.

Many morel coax show their Point Source drivers with external xovers.  many of those speakers I am referring too resemble mine a great deal. So I was lost for a min......Thanx!