Nshaffe5

AA Team box help!!

Just got 2 team 18's(dual 2's) and plan on putting either 2 bc5500's or one 'merica 12k on them for power. I want to do a flat wall but need a little help on what size box to use, i.e. cubic feet per sub, sq in per cube for port, aero or slot, and tuning frequency. Thanks in advance for the help! Oh and space is no issue as it's going in an Astro.

Astro van have windows (commuter style) or commercial style (no windows) ??? 

If I could get a response from my buddy he's running the same subs in an 08 tahoe. Stock alt 2 runs of 1/0 and 2 american bass 150.1's. Way underpowered. No wall. I believe it's 10 cubes net and tuned to 35hz. Does a 149.9 on the dash termlab and a 147.9 headrest (meca). Clamped 3999 watts on the meca.

1 hour ago, Randal Johnson said:

Astro van have windows (commuter style) or commercial style (no windows) ??? 

Well its gonna be a b-pillar wall, however, it is a cargo van with the 1 window on the sliding side door. I like demoing with rap and decaf material( for long periods of time) so I'm shooting for lower end response. I was thinking about  8 cubes per sub, 18 sqin per cube port area(slot ported, I've never really used aero ports but I'm not opposed if someone has good advice) tuned around 30-32 hz. Does anyone have experience with these subs? There really isn't a lot of information out there on the aa teams so I figured this forum looked like a good place to start.

25 minutes ago, Travis said:

If I could get a response from my buddy he's running the same subs in an 08 tahoe. Stock alt 2 runs of 1/0 and 2 american bass 150.1's. Way underpowered. No wall. I believe it's 10 cubes net and tuned to 35hz. Does a 149.9 on the dash termlab and a 147.9 headrest (meca). Clamped 3999 watts on the meca.

10 cubes sounds a bit on the smothered side for 2 of the 18's, is it 2 or just one sub?

I lied. He's at 7.5 cubes per sub and tuned 35. He said don't tune that low but ultimately up to you. And he went 16sq inches per cube. And gets down pretty nasty for being half power. And it's 2. I'll try to post a picture or 2

Edited by Travis

One next to my old zv4 1820160916_201105.thumb.jpg.038f1b20d4d813467314ce753dab4d32.jpg

Nice box, I was aiming to keep the port frequency around the fs of the sub, but like I said there's really not a lot of info on the subs and few videos or forums about the newer 18's. Nice subs though. I got a good deal for $1k shipped so I couldn't pass it up, was gonna do sp4 or evils but figured I'd give these a shot, not sure but I my possibly be able to drop some evil soft parts in these motors but who knows? Hopefully someone will drop in for a better answer on that question.

:WELCOME: