alex1002

Help this idiot with understanding Active Component Setup

I need some help with understanding the xover frequency for the tweeter and the frequencies for the woofer part of the component set. There is high pass choice on my amp of 1.8K,4K, 80, 115, 360. Low pass 1.8K, 4K, 80K,115K, 360

I am having really time understanding this... Please advice me. 

We are going to need a lot more information...

What component set do you have?  What amp?  Etc.

Zed Levithan and Focal Kr2 compnent set. Headunit Alpine INA W910. 

Pics of the settings on the amplifier attached. 

IMG_20170919_071009.thumb.jpg.9296a54a7e03ca2ace107a33eb02190a.jpg

Edited by alex1002

For the back speakers also component they are older Alpine set. Cant remember model and powered by Hertz HDP4. See images for the available controls.

Capture.JPG

Still a little confused.

You have a component set which implies passive yet ask about active.  What all have you wired/plan to, what equipment do you have and what are your goals?

If you have component sets, they come with passive crossovers.  You'd run the amps full range into the crossover networks or set the high pass filter at 80 or 100 HZ to protect the component speakers from playing sub frequencies.

If you want to run active (i.e. not using the passive crossovers) you've got a lot of work ahead of you...

1 hour ago, SS Teacher said:

If you have component sets, they come with passive crossovers.  You'd run the amps full range into the crossover networks or set the high pass filter at 80 or 100 HZ to protect the component speakers from playing sub frequencies.

If you want to run active (i.e. not using the passive crossovers) you've got a lot of work ahead of you...

I want to run active. 

Then you may want to learn the difference between active and passive. You are describing passive but wanting active. These guys on here will definetly steer you in the right direction but they need specific info from you. So if they make a request or need more info its so they can help proper. 

Hi-pass means the frequencies ABOVE your setpoint will be audible.  Low-pass works the opposite; all frequencies below the setpoint will be your audible frequency band.  A bandpass setting includes both a high and low crossover, effective creating a pass band within the setpoints:  for instance the lowpass will be set at 1KHz, so everything below that will be audible up until you reach your highpass setpoint, such at, let's say 50Hz.  So your effective passband or frequency range of said output would be 50Hz-1KHz.

Examples:

Lowpass set at 80 will filter frequencies above 80Hz while passing those below.

Highpass set at 80 will filter frequencies below 80Hz while passing those above. 

This is a very generic answer and does not take slope or filter type into effect.  You could easily get lost there with effective power filtering, which is basically what the crossover is doing, and also phase shift.  We wont begin to get into that and you really need not worry about it unless you are competing.