Love the pictures, thanks for jump on the F&F sale.  Hope you enjoy that tank.

42 minutes ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Love the pictures, thanks for jump on the F&F sale.  Hope you enjoy that tank.

Tank indeed!  Just waiting on some anti vibration pads. I gotta mount it on my sub box and my previous amp is acting up and I think it's because of the box vibration. Them evils trying to break out its box lol

Just now, ManzKea said:

Tank indeed!  Just waiting on some anti vibration pads. I gotta mount it on my sub box and my previous amp is acting up and I think it's because of the box vibration. Them evils trying to break out its box lol

Ok, good idea then.

I'll do a follow up once it's installed 

Just now, ManzKea said:

I'll do a follow up once it's installed 

:woot:

5 hours ago, ManzKea said:

Some bracing inside the box will help also. 

Great pictures and cant wait for a review :fing34:

3 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Some bracing inside the box will help also. 

I've actually put bracing in it thinking to make it not vibrate. But it still does. Lol. I'm using 2x2 wood. 2 sets going from the front of the bix to the back of the box. In between the subs.   Then I got two going top to bottom. Equally spaced from one wall in wards. And from the ported wall inwards. Then I got two going from ported wall to wall. All some what equally spaced apart.  

2 hours ago, jcarter1885 said:

Great pictures and cant wait for a review :fing34:

Yea it's hard to find real world pics of the amps. Let alone a video on YouTube. So I felt I had to share with my ssa peeps

11 hours ago, ManzKea said:

Yea it's hard to find real world pics of the amps. Let alone a video on YouTube. So I felt I had to share with my ssa peeps

They are still so new to market, in addition, the amount of them out there is still very small still.

17 minutes ago, Aaron Clinton said:

They are still so new to market, in addition, the amount of them out there is still very small still.

Whoop whoop the few the proud the ssa members! Lol

12 hours ago, ManzKea said:

I've actually put bracing in it thinking to make it not vibrate. But it still does. Lol. I'm using 2x2 wood. 2 sets going from the front of the bix to the back of the box. In between the subs.   Then I got two going top to bottom. Equally spaced from one wall in wards. And from the ported wall inwards. Then I got two going from ported wall to wall. All some what equally spaced apart.  

Perhaps try a "tee" style brace, just on the one wall the amp is mounted on.  tight against the wall all the way across... you could even do two and place both where the amp feet sit. It will double (triple with two of them) the inertia required to deform the panel. :)

That heat sink is thick and solid, looks like the ones from the older style industrial drives.

12 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Perhaps try a "tee" style brace, just on the one wall the amp is mounted on.  tight against the wall all the way across... you could even do two and place both where the amp feet sit. It will double (triple with two of them) the inertia required to deform the panel. :)

Ok. Wall to wall and too to bottom correct. Like a T? I'll try that makes sense. I'll give it a shot 

Nope. The "I" in the "T" shape would be a brace... the part that protrudes into the box. The top of the "T" is wall of the box.  Google T beam or T beam webbing.

Think about the tall skinny part that hangs down from a bridge,  that's what gives the thin road surface structure.  Make sense?

2 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Nope. The "I" in the "T" shape would be a brace... the part that protrudes into the box. The top of the "T" is wall of the box.  Google T beam or T beam webbing.

Think about the tall skinny part that hangs down from a bridge,  that's what gives the thin road surface structure.  Make sense?

Oh ok. So just adding a brace along the top of the box ( cuz that's where the amp is mounted). Front to back and up on the wall.  Never thought of that. I actually did that on the out side of the box. And minted the amp to that. So two pieces one for echo side of the legs of the amp

Now that I think about it. Your way is better since it's pinched agains two walls. Added support

Image result for T web bracing
Ribs like the left side in the pic^^^. Flat on which ever wall you are mounting the amp. 

Generally for an SPL box I believe you want a little flex, so don't go crazy and do them on all the walls. Besides the ribs could start to create turbulence inside the box, so just where needed.

And DAMN that is a SEXY amp!!!!!! I love the industrial/utilitarian look!!

On 10/13/2017 at 4:33 AM, j-roadtatts said:
Image result for T web bracing
Ribs like the left side in the pic^^^. Flat on which ever wall you are mounting the amp. 

Generally for an SPL box I believe you want a little flex, so don't go crazy and do them on all the walls. Besides the ribs could start to create turbulence inside the box, so just where needed.

Thank you for posting that. And yea I really didn't think that pitted added strip of wood could make much of a difference. I'll deffinetly get on it when I have the time and energy to get my bix out my trunk

Is that more effective than running braces from wall to wall, top to bottom? 

11 hours ago, ManzKea said:

Is that more effective than running braces from wall to wall, top to bottom? 

No automatic alt text available.Labyrinth bracing would be ideal. In your case though I would say a combo of both styles previously mentioned would create a similar effect. No automatic alt text available.

This is my box^. I will note that the braces are symmetrical, and that is technically a no no. As it will fuck with the waves in the box.. As you see in the guitar pic, the right side is asymmetric, which would be correct way for any bracing.

Thanks for all this info! Even tho you say it's a no no it looks awesome and clean.  Btw how much displacement does it take up. I tried to do the math with a full piece. No maybe minus a bit for all the holes and what not but it still came out to a lot so I opted for the 2x2s all over the place