I've been looking for a simple, easy to use processor that did not require a PC.  I ordered this very intriguing processor and will post reviews after I install it during Thanksgiving week break.1iBHlhZ.jpg

4chn only 1 parametric and limted graphic :( hope it was cheap

17 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

4chn only 1 parametric and limted graphic :( hope it was cheap

It was $200, controlled by Bluetooth, and tiny.  I'd have preferred processing for the sub and 31 bands of EQ but couldn't find anything that didn't need a PC or cost under $400.  If I'd run active in the past and/or had a PC I probably would have gone with a Mini DSP, but this was my first time going active and needed to keep it simple.  I'm kinda bummed that Soundstream and PPI stopped making their $200 processors.

Interesting,  Very small.  Will look forward to your feedback.

3 hours ago, SS Teacher said:

It was $200, controlled by Bluetooth, and tiny.  I'd have preferred processing for the sub and 31 bands of EQ but couldn't find anything that didn't need a PC or cost under $400.  If I'd run active in the past and/or had a PC I probably would have gone with a Mini DSP, but this was my first time going active and needed to keep it simple.  I'm kinda bummed that Soundstream and PPI stopped making their $200 processors.

Don’t be too bummed, I got a couple of the SoundStream Harmony units. They’re better than nothing but they have a number of limitations and bugs that make them a real pain in the ass. 

Iit does suck to have to use a pc.  Control in hand while you are driving is BY FAR the best.

Update:  Installed not just the DSP, but replaced the JBL component system with SSA Evil tweets and mids so I can't do a direct comparison.  

Installation: very, very simple.  Interior space is at a premium in Jeep Wranglers and this thing got stuck behind the dash using double sided automotive tape.  The 2 input and 4 output RCAs are labeled by stickers (one fell off), I would have greatly appreciated color coded connections, but I was careful and didn't mix anything up.  

Tuning: the app is very intuitive on my iPhone SE, it even includes a demo mode so I got to play around with the large, easy to use menus while the DSP was being shipped from Brazil.  Most settings are easy to adjust by either directly typing in the desired values or by pressing an up or down icon.  My fingers are large and my phone is small but I have no issues fine tuning.

Sound:  No noise... that's a very good thing!

Functionality:  13 bands in the graphic eq section with htz values at 25, 63, 160, 400, 1K, 2.5K, 6.3K, and 16K.  You can set different values for all 4 output channels.  There is one user assigned parametric eq frequency.  The crossovers are probably the best part with different typology and slopes from 6 to 48 db.  Very easy to set and tinker with.  In addition there is delay and phase controls as well as an audio generator and battery voltage tool.

Conclusions:  I'm the ultimate neophyte with active crossovers and sound processors so everything is new and I lack the proper vocabulary, so in layman's terms...

It's really good for what it is.  I would have greatly preferred to have an additional output channel so I can adjust my sub.  The physical quality is decent, but it's nothing great.  I love, love, love the fact that it's controlled by an app on my phone and that's the number one reason I chose this unit with a price of $199 being the second consideration.  I would buy this again and recommend this for first timers and people on a budget, but with my next car audio build I will go for a unit that can process my sub as well.  I guess I'll have to borrow a friend's PC (I don't have any friends with a PC so I'll have to make new friends :D) and pay two or three times as much.

I would love to control my mini dsp with an app on my phone !

I don't need a processsor for the bass, but I would love to control the processor while driving !

The mini dsp is way cheaper !