edouble101

Evil 15" Review

I recently purchased a SSA Evil 15 D2. This is my third SSA subwoofer. I previously owned a XCON and ZCON. 

I originally purchased an Incriminator Audio DP15. After ordering I noticed that the new IA shredder basket was only offered on the 12" sub :(. It took two business days for anybody at SSA to answer my calls, emails, messages and chats. I was asking to change my order to a SSA Evil. After I was able to contact someone at SSA it was no problem with changing my order. I was happy to receive my Evil within a week. Although, it would have been great to of been informed of a new revision being released the following week ;)

After extensive comparing and modelling different subwoofers I feel that the SSA Evil is a leader in the market. I have not come across another brand subwoofer manufacturer that sells a sub at this price that has the frequency response, power handling and quality that the Evil has. I am also stoked to be using my first 4" coil subwoofer. 

I do not have the sub installed yet. Unfortunately, I hit a deer with my car that caused $6700 in damage. I should have my car back the middle of November. I will have this sub installed shortly after getting my car back. 

I built a 4.25^3ft enclosure tuned to 32hz. I will initially be powering it with a Rockford Fosgate Power T1500-1. Within the next few months I will be powering it with a different amplifier. 

Here is a sneak peak of the enclosure I built.

24167121588_d6f95bdc2a_k.jpg

Edited by edouble101

Enclosure looks badass so far :droolcup:

Sweet looking enclosure.  I apologize for any delay, as we had a stretch there where we were understaffed and I was doing my best to keep up with everything I could.  Looking forward to more info on your impressions.

2 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Sweet looking enclosure.  I apologize for any delay, as we had a stretch there where we were understaffed and I was doing my best to keep up with everything I could.  Looking forward to more info on your impressions.

No problems with me! I am pleased with SSA customer service, thank you for assisting. 

58 minutes ago, edouble101 said:

No problems with me! I am pleased with SSA customer service, thank you for assisting. 

:woot:

Looks great, glad you're happy with the sub so far. Can't wait for you to actually hear it though. 

15 hours ago, Mark LaFountain said:

Looks great, glad you're happy with the sub so far. Can't wait for you to actually hear it though. 

I can’t wait either. I should have my car back from the body shop Nov. 10th and I’ll have this installed shortly after.

Can’t wait to see more. I know you’ll love it. I love my 12s. Lucky you got yours so fast. Mines took forever. I’m looking into buying a pair of 15s

Some news since november ?

How do you like your Evil sub ?

15 hours ago, Notorious97200 said:

Some news since november ?

How do you like your Evil sub ?

I ended up selling it before I used it :(

I started this thread too soon.

On 10/04/2018 at 7:05 AM, edouble101 said:

I ended up selling it before I used it :(

I started this thread too soon.

Oooh, that's sad. :(