Thumpper

Quad 10" enclosure builds / Focal Utopia Be #7 install

1 hour ago, Thumpper said:

this is my first run with these subs... they didn't really take to the flat tuned enclosure

this new enclosure is tuned 3 hz higher  ... the rear firing port will increase output 

...I have 7 fans circulating air under the enclosure and the 1 1/2" of space below this one will allow more

air to cool the amps

Oh ok gotcha. Did you graph out the new Box to get a prediction of the output. How many man hours are in the box? Looks intricate but it seems you built it pretty fast 

I wouldnt even know how to calculate airspace in that enclosure, just all around top notch work Thumpper.

Edited by jcarter1885

Looks great.  Sure it will even make me feel lazier once we see it with cosmetic work done.

I think I'll finish this enclosure... very happy

Well I have to say I was kind of disappointed with the Audiofrog's at first

untill I got them into this enclosure... WOW

what an amazing difference , they are not a sub you can use to communicate with whales but VERY musical and that Mosconi Zero One has unreal woofer control... good combination

I'm glad because I was ready to turf them 

next the interior is getting stripped for sound deadening and I still have to make pods for the Focal Utopia #7 component kit as well as a bunch of fiberglassing and re wiring of the amp rack

On 1/19/2018 at 12:48 PM, Thumpper said:

The Audiofrogs did not pan out... they can not handle any abuse

if you drive them hard the surrounds cut on the trim ring around them....

all 4 were sent back and I upgraded to the Focal Kx 25

Wow man, the new focal subs didn't cost you an arm and leg?

Kind of..... this system is getting expensive

I got 4 Focal Kx 25's and a Mosconi Zero One to power them......also have the Focal Utopia Be #7 component kit on the way 

the rear firing enclosure is a perfect fit , I got 2 Focals in the drivers side of the enclosure and the other 2 will be here Monday or Tuesday 

Wow only a handful of people will witness such beauties. Wish I could take a listen..

Some nice lookin subs man

I wish I would have tried the Focals sooner

one if the nicest sounding subs out there... very detailed 

I would love to listen to that car, with that setup.

Congrats.

Surprising choice on subs, but Focal is super legit : one of my favorite brand.

these subs are really starting to impress me , very punchy . tight and accurate 

with the combination of subs and amp this is the best sounding bass I have had in a while... VERY HAPPY

my component set showed up this morning.......  if they sound as good as the subs I'm in for a treat :phatyo:

these things are going to be bi amped with a pair of Soundstream REF2.640's thru the crossblock

IMG_2111.JPG

IMG_2112.JPG

IMG_2122.JPG

5 hours ago, Thumpper said:

these subs are really starting to impress me , very punchy . tight and accurate 

with the combination of subs and amp this is the best sounding bass I have had in a while... VERY HAPPY

my component set showed up this morning.......  if they sound as good as the subs I'm in for a treat :phatyo:

these things are going to be bi amped with a pair of Soundstream REF2.640's thru the crossblock

IMG_2111.JPG

IMG_2112.JPG

Man thats some Crazy Packaging lol

There's some serious money invested here lol. Absolutely beautiful tho. Great work man

I thought about the $$$ and even said to myself  " this is stupid "  but I heard the Focal #6 kit with cross block and it was just unreal ... this #7 kit should be Just sick

i never would have gone FOCAL subs if it wasn't for the Audiofrogs committing suicide .... it was a domino effect 

just waiting for the snow to lay off so I can start the pillar pods  for the utopia mids and tweets , the enclosure needs cosmetics and the wiring in this system is a cluster fk of colors from my last 3 systems so it's getting a complete re wire

The amp rack needs some fiberglassing around the cooling fans 

It's defiantly one I'd like to hear. Awesome work on the enclosure as well. I wish I had the patience 

Here's a before pic of the amp rack....

the enclosure completely covers 80% of the area , the fans along the back and the extra fans on the Mosconi is what it took to keep it cool during the summer heat , with this new enclosure having an extra 1.5" of space underneath I think I can ditch the extra fans on the amp

i have to clean it up and make a space somewhere for the cross block 

IMG_2133.JPG

IMG_2134.JPG

So I finally got my 3.5l V6 running the way I want... 

A Zex wet 75 shot and one step colder on the plugs

take in mind I have around 400 pounds worth of stereo in the back but it still really gets up and goes........

3E4C9709-5597-4D38-8FD3-B064DB1C01B6.MOV