JaredPatrickMoser

Need Recommendation Replacing Factory Sub

Hello all.  Need some assistance.  I have a 2011 Lexus GX 460 with Mark Levinson sound system.  The system sounds great except for the sub.I have pulled off the back panel and reveled that the factory was a 10" sub.  I currently own a Alpine PDX 600.1 I will put that behind the panel and will replace the sub run a LOC.  I checked the factory sub and it was 8 ohm surprisingly but know if I replace and wire up a replacement sub it will not give me what I am looking for.  I previously had my PDX 600.1 running a JL Audio 10-3v3 it does not fit its around 6" mount depth.  That sub in a small sealed box rocked and am looking for something similar in the factory location. I might experiment with some poly fill in the factory plastic enclosure. So to my question.

Recommendation:  Need 10" Sub my mounting depth is anywhere between 3.5 to 4".  I might be able to swing another .75 with MDF Spacer.

I was looking at Jl Audio 10tw3-d4 Shallow-mount 10 but wondering if there are better options.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_13610TW3/JL-Audio-10TW3-D4.html

IMG_1138.jpg

Edited by JaredPatrickMoser

The JL looks like a decent choice. Good xmax for a shallow mount and about as high of RMS as you could hope for too. 

Not a lot of ppl running shallows, so you may not get a lot of responses. But I could be wrong, still a heads up if no one else chimes in. 

So the JL did not fit as it was to wide and hit on some areas of the enclosure.  However a JL-W1 fit just fine.  I am concerned about this sub as its max RMS is 300 and my amp is 600 in 4 or 600 in 2 ohm on the PDX600.  I would like to find a woofer that can deliver the best punch for the money.  The JL-W1 is 4.6" mounting depth and I could buy another 3/4" by using a mounting plate which I am leaning towards as it will give me a good area to mount to as well.  I know this W1 woofer is tapered more and that I will need as the contors of the box will limit my depth.  So again reaching out for recommendations on a 5" mount depth sub around 400-600 RMS.  Also should I worry about 600 vs 300 sub I do think it voids the warranty. I also thing 200 can get me a lot more sub else ware. 

The owner is Skar is a crook.  If you want that driver I would buy the Dayton.

I dont care about that driver at all thanks for the info though.  I want the best sub I can get under 5" mounting depth around 400-600 RMS power handling.  I do remember now the past talk about the skar owner.  What is up with these NVX are they decent? If at all possible I would like to stay away from shallow mount subs they look like they have less throw or XMAX.  But what do I know (not much).  Just looks like I can get a better bang for my buck on a traditional sub. 

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/nvx-vsw102v2-500w-10-dual-2-ohm-car-subwoofer.html

Oh and Thanks for all the help guys.  Much Appreciated.

Edited by JaredPatrickMoser

It is and have looked at that but its so big in the back I think it will not fit the contours of my enclosure if you look on the left I have a thing sticking out on the box I will need a traditional sub nothing to crazy.  I would LOVE to install the SD big fan of that sub. Also on top it swoops down.  I have dremmeled this out since picture but the basic structure behind is still there and will give me issues if the sub has to big of a magnet.

IMG_1138.jpg.1bd4910fc6a31950cef459389315a6ac.jpg

The mounting depth you have at 5" max has me little concerned with running an open pole vent sub. You want to allow space for the pole vent to snag air so make sure you take that into consideration also. 

Well I am around 4.6 plus adding a 3/4" MDF spacer so will have alittle more should give me 1/4" ish for pole venting will this work?