Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Thanks guys! I ordered big 3 is on the way... I'm itching get a another 10 inch and get a high output enclosure sub box.. Will see if my budget can afford..lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2018 at 1:39 PM, Notorious97200 said:

4 Ga input to 4 Ga ? why ?

Keep posting pics.

:dancing:

 

 

I like clean look connection to amp input..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got big 3 upgrade 4 g from gp audio 4 ft power and ground cable.. I just realized my alternator passenger side is lower of engine..it looks going to be pain in the ass from going under to work on.. I thought is top side engine.. But I'm wrong..lol.. My only problem is the cable is little short to reach battery post.. But i didn't add fuse with it.. So maybe it can reach to battery post.. Will see.. :rolleyes: and definitely will take pictures..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok i have questions.. Today got my fuse bock plastic bottom cover that melts.. I did check grounds are good and had bare metal connection are good.. My amp is power acoustik 3000.. I only use 1,800 watts for one 10 inch sub.. And 4 gauge power cable.. I'm try to think.. Maybe i need 0 gauge? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the connections in the fuse black really tight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2018 at 4:13 PM, frogcase2002 said:

Are the connections in the fuse black really tight

I did actually swap out new mmats pure cooper power wire..that thing is heavy feeling.. I paid alot for this one than cheap.. Man it pull more power juice and hits harder now.. I'm glad to fix it.. Oh and my amp just warm while play longer..:D.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm try to figure out how to stop dimming head lights.. I know there is big 3 upgrade but it's pain in the butt is take passenger side wheel off and wheel well cover off to work on.. I just wish were simple like old cars.. Lol.. And or upgrade agm battery. Only singer sells alternator.. Other brands don't because of pulling is small on factory.. I'm try stay away from volt cap.. Some said is bad for alternator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Installing a second battery in the back of the vehicle is another option, that will stop or reduce your headlights from dimming. Even without installing the Big-3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, j-roadtatts said:

Installing a second battery in the back of the vehicle is another option, that will stop or reduce your headlights from dimming. Even without installing the Big-3.

What kind battery should i get? My amp is 2 ohms of 1,800 watts and plan on another 10 inch sub. Also plan on get amp for mids and highs soon. Oh yea i have small space in back. Hopefully get small battery right by spear tire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An agm battery would work great. I use x2 power for mines. But yellow top works as well. Not sure what’s avaloable to you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Boom sonic said:

What kind battery should i get? My amp is 2 ohms of 1,800 watts and plan on another 10 inch sub. Also plan on get amp for mids and highs soon. Oh yea i have small space in back. Hopefully get small battery right by spear tire.

The battery MUST be a sealed type like an AGM. Otherwise will gas into the car. 

I did the same thing because I couldn't reach the alternator. I bought the biggest battery they had at the parts store and mounted it next to my box. Other route is weld in a battery box next to the spare tire.

 I am running 2000 Watts to my subs, and two more 600 watt amps to the mids and highs. The second battery completely stopped my headlights from dimming and holds 14.1 volts, even at full tilt for long periods.

 If you are going to buy namebrand battery I would do the XS Power. Definitely DO NOT buy an Optima. Otherwise I promise the parts store brand will work just fine. 

 Here's pics of my last two biulds for ideas!

No automatic alt text available.No automatic alt text available.honda 017.JPGhonda 005 (12).JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2018 at 10:14 AM, j-roadtatts said:

The battery MUST be a sealed type like an AGM. Otherwise will gas into the car. 

I did the same thing because I couldn't reach the alternator. I bought the biggest battery they had at the parts store and mounted it next to my box. Other route is weld in a battery box next to the spare tire.

 I am running 2000 Watts to my subs, and two more 600 watt amps to the mids and highs. The second battery completely stopped my headlights from dimming and holds 14.1 volts, even at full tilt for long periods.

 If you are going to buy namebrand battery I would do the XS Power. Definitely DO NOT buy an Optima. Otherwise I promise the parts store brand will work just fine. 

 Here's pics of my last two biulds for ideas!

No automatic alt text available.No automatic alt text available.honda 017.JPGhonda 005 (12).JPG

Thank you sir answer my questions.. I like your idea location battery beside spear tire.. I'm thinking get agm battery from part store for my budget.. In near future will definitely get xp power agm battery.. Thanks in ton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I try to load up pics my set up bass system.. Did they changed settings? I did load up pics before.. Why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ManzKea said:

??

Sorry... My space is full.. I'm try to free up space to load up pics.. I just couldn't figure it out.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't uploaded pics directly to SSA in a while, so can't comment on that. But the other option I see guys do, is setup a photobucket account and upload from there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2018 at 10:49 AM, j-roadtatts said:

I haven't uploaded pics directly to SSA in a while, so can't comment on that. But the other option I see guys do, is setup a photobucket account and upload from there.

IMGUR.com is the website to use for now. Photobucket has made the ability to directly link images to a forum post or website a paid feature. Without subscribing to their website with a package that includes that service it doesn’t do any good. I also haven’t found a replacement that’s as easy or easier to use than photobucket was. Imgur works but is much more difficult (at least from my phone) than photobucket ever was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just upload my pictures directly from my phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thx guys for try help..lol.. Anyways.. I'm happy with my two soundqubed 10s and second battery in back( shrinken) that stops from dimming.. Now i can play bass for one hour straight.. No problem.. But my power acoustik 3000 gets little hot. I'm try to shop around the cooling fan to cool down my amp.. I see some others have like tube fan? Where can i get that? Do i have to make one from pvc cut into two pieces attached fan? Keep bass on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2018 at 7:47 PM, jcarter1885 said:

I just upload my pictures directly from my phone.

I have no idea on how to do this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Click on the "Click to chose files" link on the bottom part of this reply box, it will prompt you with options to chose files from your phone's gallery. The only downside is the picture must be smaller than 5mb, so you may have to change your phone settings to allow for a smaller sized picture when using your camera.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×