Miles

Jeep Renegade build (Fi Alpha V2 15)

Awesome. Not what I had imagined lol. So what attaches it to the floor ? Or is it being attached to the face good enough

2 minutes ago, ManzKea said:

Awesome. Not what I had imagined lol. So what attaches it to the floor ? Or is it being attached to the face good enough

Just out curiosity, what had you imagined?

There are 6 screws attached it to the floor of the enclosure (from the bottom up), and pocket holes that attach it to the front of the box. 

1 hour ago, Miles said:

Just out curiosity, what had you imagined?

There are 6 screws attached it to the floor of the enclosure (from the bottom up), and pocket holes that attach it to the front of the box. 

Well first off I thought you was making a slot port with two kerfs in it.  I saw how long your wood was so I figured you was making a single piece front wall. With the kerfs for the port. Then I saw you had it looping around and the orientation you took the pic, so I imagined a slot port where that rounded piece of wood was the port wall lol.  Yea way off.

But know this, you just blew the mind of someone with your wood working skills and design!!! Lol. And it’s 2017, a bunch of outlets with a huge data base of informations. ( google ,YouTube, etc) and ive never seen that done before. So kudos to you my man 

8 minutes ago, ManzKea said:

Well first off I thought you was making a slot port with two kerfs in it.  I saw how long your wood was so I figured you was making a single piece front wall. With the kerfs for the port. Then I saw you had it looping around and the orientation you took the pic, so I imagined a slot port where that rounded piece of wood was the port wall lol.  Yea way off.

But know this, you just blew the mind of someone with your wood working skills and design!!! Lol. And it’s 2017, a bunch of outlets with a huge data base of informations. ( google ,YouTube, etc) and ive never seen that done before. So kudos to you my man 

Thanks! I've always tried to be creative (different) just because it gets boring seeing 100 people build boxes that all look pretty much the same. When I built boxes as a side job a few years ago in Oklahoma, I did some crazy stuff (triple octaport 6th order bandpass, SSA freehand jigsaw cutout inside of a brace, t-line in the shape of a snailshell/octagon). Actually, if you go back to the main forum page and scroll almost all the  way down, look through the subforum  "McGovney Designs". That's some of my work from a few years ago. So was about time to have some fun again. And this enclosure still has quite a ways to go. 

Edited by Miles

Where in the USA are you located, would you build to ship?

Just now, jcarter1885 said:

Where in the USA are you located, would you build to ship?

Central Iowa. I don't build commercially anymore. Sorry. 

Great work.

WoW ! That kerfed port is nice !

Beautiful box. Can't wait to see it painted and installed.

Congrats.

Wood dye!? Is that the same as wood stain? That color really pops lol

2 minutes ago, ManzKea said:

Wood dye!? Is that the same as wood stain? That color really pops lol

Kind of. Search "Keda wood dye". Basically it is stain, but the amount of colors you can stain wood with are limitless because you mix the powder into water or alcohol and make any color you want. 

Edited by Miles

1 minute ago, Miles said:

Kind of. Search "Keda wood dye". Basically it is stain, but the amount of colors you can stain wood with are limitless because you miss the powder into water or alcohol and make any color you want. 

Cool I’ll look it up. Again...changing the game lol 

Finished! Plexi window installed, port painted, and red LED's installed inside the box. I think this is my favorite build to date. 

IMG_20171220_185702371.jpg

IMG_20171220_190305009.jpg

IMG_20171220_190405106.jpg

Looks awesome. Got that submarine viewing port going on 

I got a quick question. Figured I’d ask you because you seem to have a lot of experience. It’s about multiple aero ports. I used an online port calculator, and as I enter the quantity of ports the length increases. Does the length represent total length of all combined ports together  or is it each aero port? 

28 minutes ago, ManzKea said:

I got a quick question. Figured I’d ask you because you seem to have a lot of experience. It’s about multiple aero ports. I used an online port calculator, and as I enter the quantity of ports the length increases. Does the length represent total length of all combined ports together  or is it each aero port? 

When you go from say one 4" aero to two 4" aeros, you've increased port area. To keep the same tuning, your port length has to increase as your port area increases. And the length it's giving is each port individually. 

Oh ok I got ya. And damn that sucks lol some of the lengths it’s giving me is pretty long lol and you’ve just clarified that it’s each port lol. Thank you my good sir! I assume the same goes for a slot port ?i see some people putting dual ports in boxes. 

16 hours ago, ManzKea said:

Oh ok I got ya. And damn that sucks lol some of the lengths it’s giving me is pretty long lol and you’ve just clarified that it’s each port lol. Thank you my good sir! I assume the same goes for a slot port ?i see some people putting dual ports in boxes. 

Yes it’s the same, no matter what the shape or configuration of the port is, the more port area you have the longer the length has to be in order to maintain the same given tuning frequency. 

This going back in the car or sitting as a beautiful house decor for a man cave? Lets see it in the whip and some action shots. 

30 minutes ago, Infinite913 said:

This going back in the car or sitting as a beautiful house decor for a man cave? Lets see it in the whip and some action shots. 

As soon as the Jeep gets back to the house (tomorrow late) I'll hopefully have some pictures Saturday and maybe a video showing everything!

Snug like a bug in a rug!

51 minutes ago, ManzKea said:

Snug like a bug in a rug!

It's a perfect fit! I'll get some pictures tonight of the LED's.