akuma4u

willing to pay for a box design.. needed ASAP

anyone with the skills necessary to design a simple ported box and looking for a lil extra cash.. please reply.. need a box design ASAP

The SSA store sells box designs.  I am very satisfied with the one they did for my XCON 10".

1 hour ago, SS Teacher said:

The SSA store sells box designs.  I am very satisfied with the one they did for my XCON 10".

That is what I would recommend as well.  Grabbing someone random off a forum isn't always a good idea.  More pretenders than those who know.

the problem with pre-paying for a box that i am not sure will be able to be built and fit inside my car with the features i need is problematic because then i have to possibly struggle to get a refund. What i would like is to find someone who i can tell exactly what i need and then they tell me if it can be done or not.. then i pay.

If i had all the space in the world then id have no problem pre paying for this service as there would be nothing that would NOT make the enclosure work in my car.

im sure there are plenty of guys who know how to build boxes on this site..and who wouldnt mind getting a lil extra cash to their paypal account :)

Edited by akuma4u

You are backwards.  The first step in any box is ALWAYS to measure your overall space first.  Do that and the rest is easy.

let me elaborate.. i got my max dimensions.. and within those max dimensions i need to hit a certain net cubic foot space AND hit a certain frequency AND have a certain sq inch range in port area... i would need to know first if those 3 things can come together in the max dimensions i have BEFORE i pay...

id hate to pay then find out what i want cant be done but heres the next best thing type scenerio thanks for your bizness.. sorry no refunds. im trying to avoid a situation like that.

And you are burning your own thread.  90+% of the people that read your thread could have easily answered that had you shared.  Of course, it will only be right if your measurements were...

look.. i wasjust looking for someone to say "yes im willing to help you out" then i can go from there...

but i will go ahead and post my details now.. if anyone can plug them in and tell me if this can be accomplished pls do let me know.

My max dimensions are: 13.5 high x 32 wide x 15 deep

I need a ported box for a single 12 inch zv3 run off 2000rms (sub displacement is .21)

i need the box to be 1.60-1.80 net cubes (aiming for the bigger end of that if possible)

NO double baffle due to space limitation

total port area MUST be more than 39 sq in .. the more the better due to port velocity issues being too high

TUNING should be in mid to high 30s. i have a feeling it may even reach 40-41 hz.. if thats the way it will be then i will live with that.

so 1.6-1.8 net tuned to 35-42hz with 39sq inches or more of port area and no 2x baffle.

if anyone can design a box hitting all these targets please let me know.

much respect

Edited by akuma4u

Mele kalikimaka bro. It’s actual volume after displacement is slightly less than 2 cubes. So you could add a brace in there or two to get it to 1.75.  Lmk if there’s any questions. 

The way way I build it would be top and bottom pieces same size and everything else is sandwiched in between. The port start it behind the front panel. So make sure it’s 3.5. And then the second part of the port. I put it on the side of the first part. Make sure u double check to make sure it keeps the 3.5 consistent all the way through. 

I also used end correction to help keep the amount of air space the port takes up down. And keeps your tuning at the 38hz you wanted. 

Lmk if you got any questions. 

And this is just a box built for his application. This ain’t a built to sundown specs box. Just working with the space he has tuned to the music he listens too. 

5BF8A686-6052-4CFF-B72C-22FADA540FD0.jpeg

holy hell, zombie thread man.  2 years late on this one.  he hasn't even visited the site in a year and a half.