Redneck/until/Sundown

sundown sae-1500d Amps protection mode specs

Hay guys I'm trying to find the detailed specs on sundown audio sae-1500d amp protection modes. Not just what will cause protection modes but more like high/low voltage protection circuit .80volt Spike To go into protection mode or something similar. The issue im having is in my f150 setup, 4 sa-15 subs walled with shared air space total of 19.97cubes tuned at 38 hertz. Drivers are 2 sae-1500d sundown amps strapped, and no not with a dam ratchet strap or rope, strapped as in power and two amps bridged to one. Ohm load on all 4 total is 1.23. with seals on and no wind or movements. Power and grounds are way bigger than spec, I'm running 3/0 aka 000 cables that can handle 450 amps and not loose flow and 650 amps at 60% duty cycle.  There going into gold adapters at the amps to neck down and fit. All runs of power to Amps are equal length and grounds are same size 000 wire and are 9 inches from amp. I also ran 10 total runs of 000 with grounding bolts that are nickel plated to multiple different points on truck. Big three has been done. Here is where I'm slacking, factory alt, and two battery's  is the power source. This is a slow project and my daily driver so money does affect me. Side note, running 4 sundown coaxial  6.5 door speakers and 4 3 inch horn tweets on a sundown sax 200.4 amp. Subs hit good until high volume then go into protect mode. Always the slave amp, here is the kicker, it only does it with engine running, I can bang them with engine off key on or engine off key in acc but if engine is running about 75% volume on hard bass hit slave is in protect. When this happens I'm seeing 14.6 volts and then right when it hits it drops to 14.23 or so. When not loud alt kicks down to 13.3 volts and is consistent. All readings are at amp itself. Unhook them and run seperatly and I don't have a issue except I have no scope and can't gain match with volt meterxlose enough to run them in same inclosure of that size can i? Thanks and sorry for long post but detailed info is always better in my opinion 

They dont  protect with the engine off?

And are they strapped at 1 or each seeing one?

Have you tried running the slave amp alone with truck running? Maybe see if it's just the amp causing the issue?

I read somewhere that the sae line won't handle .5 ohm that well compared to the older saz line up.. that's an odd situation you have

Yes sir it is, I'm starting To find that out. I'm sure this is stupid question, but can I just run them unstraped like normal two speakers per unit but leave the slave/master switch set like it is and the rca cable in the BR and that way I can run one set of gains and one remote and it will avoid gain matching issues 

Your can run them separate and run the gains separate easily.  People get too caught up in some things.  Use your ear, or if you are intent on using a volt meter to "gain match,"  simply use a test tone and match them that way.

BTW, have you contacted Jacob?  I know he's blown up in recent years, but you used to be able to get him on the phone and he'd answer your question(s) right then and there.

No I haven't contacted jacob. Honestly I hate to bug him because I'm sure he has enough on his plate, Iv been very pleased with sundown and there Products as well as there support team. There is only one or so dealers in my state, so I push sundown audio brand harder than some of them "team" boys lol. Iv only been in the audio game for a year now, in a area that hated loud music and "thinks it's the devil" so there is no support here, i have had 3 other brands I tried first because I'll be honest I am new and didn't have or know anything about audio until 9 months ago and my tractor had jenissin or some thing like that in it lol and SUNDOWN AUDIO needs better advertising, well they did then but they have established a good well earned name now and they should start a slogan like " we barely advertise, because when your good enough, word of mouth is all you need " hahah because in the sticks that's all we got to go by lol so the first three brands let's say to be nice they.... they F"n suck. Decent gear but I have no support but the company s themselves and these guys didn't care about my mesly 2 grand or so. Anyway sundown didn't care EVER when I called and would answer anything asap. That's why I should have enough by the end of the month to get 3 more ns2"s t  go with the three I got in my safe beging to be played hahaha and I'm thinking now that 6 of the team neo 18s v1 will be perfect. Enough power I can run higher ohm load and be more stable and hopefully keep this old peterbult I'm doing this to a daily driver if needed. HA take that MTX. Wished you would have helped a poor old redneck out when i come park beside jackhammer and beat so hard the hammer falls off and your left with  jack, but don't worry it's not like it's SUNDOWN yet, or is it? Anyway after All that long post point Is I don't want to but the man, they do good at work, so I'll let him have a home life. Car Audio esp sundown has kept me busy and as of mon clean and free from H for 12 months after a 9 year daily addiction. So ya this isant just a hobby now it's a way of life. So I don't mind finding out the hard way when I have amp issues if I have to, because it's staying busy and once ya learn the hard way you don't forget lol. Ok down to business, stupid question number 1357, I'm unstrpping these amps for now until I get the issue I was having fixed. I did some thinking and instead of gain matching amps with vilt tj meter only do to porting placement and irregulartys in the amps that every amp will have. What if I hook half of the voice coils to one amp and the other side to the other and play a tune at low watts to keep coils safe and swap phase on one amp and adjust other amp gain until the sub quits moving. I did research and from what I see I think this is possible! What y'all think?

I would try running the amps unstrapped just to see what that slave amp will do. I don't know if such thing could work where each coil can be ran to each individual amp but I wouldn't try that myself. I would rather simplify things and run pair subs to each amp

Liro213 I hooked them unstrapped and the slave will get down just as the master would. Idk what the issue is. Each amp is identical but there is some slight deviation in the tooling used on each one or something because the gain knobs and protect light are all a little off on the slave. It's about 3 months newer than the other and that's probably my issues