AlmightyStryker

Sub box size help? Can’t make a decision

I’m looking at fitting 2 15s in my back seat. Does anyone have any experience with the hdc4 and the ssa zcon.  Trying to figure which will want more or less box size.  Heading towards the less side for overall fitment purposes.  Can’t decide between the 2 subs. Price is close to them just not sure what to go with.  I’ve only owned a sundown x15 and 18. So don’t have to much to compare to.  

Also will be playing hip/hop music as a daily.  With a soundqubed 3500 and adding another later down the road.  

I would start with deciding how big you want your box to be and then narrow down the choices.

19 minutes ago, AlmightyStryker said:

Was pretty set on the zcon but can’t get ahold of ssa either through email or phone. Unfortunately.

That is strange.  I am sure they will get back to you quickly.  Zcon is awesome.

25 minutes ago, AlmightyStryker said:

Was pretty set on the zcon but can’t get ahold of ssa either through email or phone. Unfortunately.

Josh has been at the office all day.  I am about 6 hours behind on emails.  So if you emailed since then, I haven't gotten to it just yet.  Either way, I am ALWAYS around to help.

In my experience Zcon is my favorite sub, a pair on 3.5k will be plenty brutal and yet sound very good playing a wide range of music, strong bottom and still do very good up top even on a 30hz tuned box. I had 3.5k on my pair of 12 zcons and they always amazed me. Zcons have amazing cooling. I could go on for hours and they would barely get warm. The Till this day I own 4 zcons out of 5.

Measure your back seat space to see how much you can actually fit back there

I would forsure recommend the zcon .definitely the better choice over what you mentioned. There badass in every way lol . They do like big enclosures though . But if your taking up your back seats anyway it shouldnt matter

22 minutes ago, frogcase2002 said:

I would forsure recommend the zcon .definitely the better choice over what you mentioned. There badass in every way lol . They do like big enclosures though . But if your taking up your back seats anyway it shouldnt matter

Yes, daily go big.  Competition, pinchypinch down and they bite hard for some sharp numbers with some serious power.

On 2/12/2018 at 10:45 PM, AlmightyStryker said:

Could anyone from ssa please get ahold of me. No one is returning my emails and phone calls...

All emails caught up, all voicemails received caught up.  But we spoke via forum PM.