What type of music do you like?:

all 

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?:

Spl but in daily driver. 80% spl 20% sq

Tuning Freq (Hz):

Volume 

?

additional info-

Iv tries to find the trucks sweet spot but no matter what I can't seem to find it so tuning is widely available. I'm running 2 sae1500 amps which now have a good power flow, 250 amp alt 6 batteries and 6 runs of 4/0 ofc welding cable for power and 6 runs of 4/0 cable for grounds and I'm grounded to the fram with bolts and nuts. I had some protection issues and after a few weeks I have decided to completely redo the power source. But even so from what I gather  the sa can handle clean power very well so I believe I'm under powered to a since even tho I'm at subjected RMS power so maybe I should build a tad bit bigger than spec? 

Sub woofer SA15 specs-

I have the SA-15D2

• Specifications SA‐15D2 SA‐15D4
    RE (ohms) 4.61 7.75
    FS (Hz) 34.88 36.95
    Vas (L) 54.69 52.35
    Qes 0.72 0.85
    Qms 6.52 6.63
    Qts 0.65 0.75
    Le (mH)  3.39 4.98
    BL (NA)  21.76 25.87
    Mms (Grams)  338 315
    Cms (uM/N) 61.42 58.8
    Sens (1w/1m) 86.81
    •   SA-15
      Sealed 2.5 ft^3
      Ported 3.0-4.0 ft^3 @ 35hz
      Displacement 0.17 ft^3
      Depth 7 1/2" 
      Outside Diameter 15 5/8" 
      Cut-Out 14 1/8"

Questions:

just need any and all input on this build, I will do fiberglass as well and am a decent builder. I was gona follow the specs on the sub for sealed enclosure and do a 2/1 ratio so the sealed spec is 2.5^3 so that's 10^3 total so the ported houseing will be 20^3 total? That's a combined amount of 30^3 total plus some for bracing and I have around 46 to work with total. It's large but if it sounds good I'm down.  I have most all materials I should need but would like to stay away from round ports do to money issues and this is a budget build. Wood I have plenty of and planed on going 3 3/4 sheets thick on most all walls and floors. Open to all suggestions please criticism is welcome as well. I hope I gave the necessary info for you guys thanks In advance!!!

Why the bandpass?  It poses no need.  It was simply an application as a mechanical crossover.  You can accomplish your goals with the common vented enclosure.

4 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

Why the bandpass?  It poses no need.  It was simply an application as a mechanical crossover.  You can accomplish your goals with the common vented enclosure.

What if you can’t have the cut out as big as the enclosure? Would that create cancellation or hinder the performance. I’m gonna do a blow through soon and my bed is roughly 17”tall. And I’d give it a max cut of 14” tall just below the rio part of the bed. So the port and sub would have a slight border around it. So I too was thinking of a 4th order. Because in my mind I’m thinking I’ll get direct out put from the sub seeing how I could cut a hole large enough to get the port through. 

Trust me I’d prefer to keep it ported. But I figure I could try something new and if it’s trash I could just cut the whole bed out and go ported. 

4 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

The only reason I was wanting a bandpass was do to the fact that most of the guys Iv seen have them where substantially louder and I like the overall appearance. On the flip most of the vented enclosures where from people like me with little experience and the bandpass guys where experienced in the field so therefor there's would sound better and be louder even with a standard vented enclosure do the the abundance in knowledge I guess. I had a wall that I just tore out to do this build and I was only getting about 140 tops out of it and im under the impression that 4 sa15s shouldn't have any issues getting to mid 150s under the right setup. If You have any advice on a standerd vent that can be beneficial that would be awsome.

Most people you've seen with a bandpass are not louder and don't know what they are doing.  Generally speaking it is an enclosure with little value outside of allowing the driver and box to be placed remotely.  If you want a truly peaky and useless musical response then it is possible a bandpass is for you, but beware the morons that think they are being trendy and different when they are just re-exploring what was a fad in car audio more than 35 years ago.  The amusing thing is back then the fad didn't last as long even without the internet.  Sort of tells you the quality of the people bragging up BP enclosures today.  Again the exception being a remote box with the port into the listening space, but most of those will run a 6th order BP if they can or know what they are doing. 

There is a big explosion of 4th orders and 6th orders as of late.  Much of it is coming from cone area needs and the goal of having a hard peak in a small window (or bandpass).  Many of these guys are doing it for demos.  Some though are doing mega numbers as they are reaching different levels we did when we were doing this 20 years ago.  With many magnitudes more motor force and 10x the power with ease, they are pushing limits I wasn't close to reaching.  So a few guys I know are doing it also for a physical loading wall to help mechanical handling as thermal capacity of subs today are worlds greater than what they used to be.  We had a guy out of Illinois/Florida, do a 6th order with 6 Zcon 15's.  I was very impressed by the range of the enclosure.  Yes, it was over 157db I think when full tilt, but the sound and smoothness in transition was better than the 4th orders at that same show.

Technically, every enclosure becomes a "bandpass" application when loaded into a vehicle, as you have another air chamber acting on the front of the driver, and if vented, it's also acting on the vent.  

In the case of the blowthrough, the blowthrough itself, if not large enough, needs to be treat as a vent.  You either need measurement equipment, or trial and error to find what will work  "best."

13 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

There is a big explosion of 4th orders and 6th orders as of late.  Much of it is coming from cone area needs and the goal of having a hard peak in a small window (or bandpass).  Many of these guys are doing it for demos.  Some though are doing mega numbers as they are reaching different levels we did when we were doing this 20 years ago.  With many magnitudes more motor force and 10x the power with ease, they are pushing limits I wasn't close to reaching.  So a few guys I know are doing it also for a physical loading wall to help mechanical handling as thermal capacity of subs today are worlds greater than what they used to be.  We had a guy out of Illinois/Florida, do a 6th order with 6 Zcon 15's.  I was very impressed by the range of the enclosure.  Yes, it was over 157db I think when full tilt, but the sound and smoothness in transition was better than the 4th orders at that same show.

This I can see, but only for competition, or showing off.  Granted,  extra cone control in the passband will help with "musicality", but I don't see how people can define sub bass at these ridiculous levels as musical.  It's just mind boggling. Literally.

It's akin to these high horsepower "street cars."  Sure you can have a vehicle that puts gobs of power to the tires, but you're not driving at that power level for any sustained amount of time.  If you are, you're not on the street, or your Ken Block.

13 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

This I can see, but only for competition, or showing off.  Granted,  extra cone control in the passband will help with "musicality", but I don't see how people can define sub bass at these ridiculous levels as musical.  It's just mind boggling. Literally.

It's akin to these high horsepower "street cars."  Sure you can have a vehicle that puts gobs of power to the tires, but you're not driving at that power level for any sustained amount of time.  If you are, you're not on the street, or your Ken Block.

Yes, very limited segment, but it is very effective.