Andyz

Going from sundown zv5 to find btl neo

Hey I have a sundown zv5 15 tunes at around 32-34hz after speaking displacement it's 3.6 cf like reggae n hip hop but some how I love the lows it kill it but i think I miss a little of the upper frequency will the fi btl neo go head to head with that zv5 15 no terms of sound quality, lows n upper notes advice plz tnks

Welcome to SSA. 

3 hours ago, Andyz said:

Hey I have a sundown zv5 15 tunes at around 32-34hz after speaking displacement it's 3.6 cf like reggae n hip hop but some how I love the lows it kill it but i think I miss a little of the upper frequency will the fi btl neo go head to head with that zv5 15 no terms of sound quality, lows n upper notes advice plz tnks

What do you mean by upper frequency?  Is it still in the range that the sub should be playing, or is it that more due to a lack of midbass response?

Have you tried changing box orientation?  How is the box loaded (sub/port on same wall or different?) What vehicle is this in?

What are you running for your other speakers? amplification? processing?

There are many things that could be affecting what you are perceiving as a lack of response in the upper bass frequencies.

You are always better to start off by working with what you have, to find out what is going on before you start throwing money at new equipment.

And as Aaron said, Welcome to SSA

Edited by nigel

5 hours ago, Andyz said:

Welcome! I too had the exact same problem with my 15” zv5. It would kill the lows. But upper bass sucked. Young jeezy - put on, that first note was garbage. But the following notes were great.  I had a box with a sonotube port, 8”. So I made the port shorter to raise the tuning. And it helped but not much.  I figured this was the best of the best. But was sadly let down.  It’s all dependent on what you’re after. If you’re only into lows and demos and stuff then yes this sub is bad ass. But to listen to a variety of music, this sub not so much.  

Long story short, I sold it within a month of owning it and pulled the trigger and brought 2 ssa evil 12S. Loved them. And in the process, earned a customer. 

Tnks Nigel n Manzkea as for upper frequency I meant range from 38 ish to 50ish the box I have is sub up port back in Subaru Impreza hatch 2012, but it kinda hard to explain those notes missing but I know the song have them but the zv5 when it get to those low omg it's with authority so I seeking little advice on those fi btl neo 15 too if would sound just as good on the low n a little better on the upper as mentioned in the same enclosure (3.6 after displacement tunes to 32-34 hz) my other speaking are 4 door 6.5" skar running of a Rockford p1000x4d the sub amp is Orion xtr2500.1d done the big 3 ho alt xs d3400 batt I'm now getting into things lol tnks again guys keep the reply coming appreciate it

O by da way never had fi, hear so much good story of ssa, aa n crossfire which I think all fi make, n I know I spend too much on sub but honestly guy it's a disease I can help my self but now it's time to settle on either so which ever get the most vote here because of my lack of experience with the other(fi) I'll consider n settle with tnks again

Welcome to SSA.

Your post would be much easier to read if you made complete sentences. Just Saying

Hey Randal u mean should I change the heading if so can u explain so I can adjust tnks

I had the same problem with my Zv.4 rev.2 10" I reconed it with the SPL spiders and mega roll surround. Tuned to 32hz, plays upper bass and kick drums, my competition Zv.4 12's have SPL spiders & surround tuned to 37hz plays 46hz with authority, sounds similar to Zv.3's. Just my knowledge and $.02. All have the NSv2 coils!

Edited by ludeman

Go for an ssa sub. They all have great reviews. I can vouch for the evils seeing how I have em and love em.  Plus it’ll help support the community. 

And Nd by proper sentences, you should use proper punctuation marks. It’ll help distinguish when a sentence stops and what not. 

Appreciate it n yes I'll try to punctuate more 

1 hour ago, ManzKea said:

Go for an ssa sub. They all have great reviews. I can vouch for the evils seeing how I have em and love em.  Plus it’ll help support the community. 

And Nd by proper sentences, you should use proper punctuation marks. It’ll help distinguish when a sentence stops and what not. 

Hey I started this another forum just want to get so response faster lol so I have a zv5 15 in a 2012 Subaru Impreza box after displacement is 3.6 cf tuned at 32 ish hz, love the low actually it killing it but I'm missing those thumping bass note(upper ones 38-55 ish hz) would anyone advice me how those new fi btl neo 15 do in terms of sq and loudness in low hz and those mids hz mentioned above, plz let me know if u need more info I can elaborate more tnks 

Forsure should look into an ssa sub. I would never look at a sundown sub if ssa was an option

Sure but isn't the fi btl neo little better on paper than the zcon and build in the same house

29 minutes ago, frogcase2002 said:

Forsure should look into an ssa sub. I would never look at a sundown sub if ssa was an option

2 hours ago, ManzKea said:

Edited by Andyz

Yea fi is good to . Just as ssa. I was just sayin ssa over sundown forsure. . Cant really go wrong with ssa or fi. 

9 hours ago, Andyz said:

Hey I started this another forum just want to get so response faster lol so I have a zv5 15 in a 2012 Subaru Impreza box after displacement is 3.6 cf tuned at 32 ish hz, love the low actually it killing it but I'm missing those thumping bass note(upper ones 38-55 ish hz) would anyone advice me how those new fi btl neo 15 do in terms of sq and loudness in low hz and those mids hz mentioned above, plz let me know if u need more info I can elaborate more tnks 

One topic, one thread...merged.

Welcome to SSA, and as you can tell, you'll get plenty of responses, quickly.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:headbang:

Andyz get rid of the sundown. Pick up a zcon and all your problems will diminish. Sundown is made for the ugly scene of low and throw. If you are any kind of an audio head than sundown wont take you there. If you want to hear quality reporduction of your bass and get the most out of your money then zcon or evil will take you there. I have had every subwoofer from ssa and you cant go wrong with any choice. I currently own 4 Fi team 18s so my suggestion for ssa is not a complete bias one. But ill say this I only run Fi or SSA. The quality of both product and customer service is astounding.

Edited by Infinite913

Tnks man really appreciate it I was just checking the zcon and fi btl neo but the btl look more better on paper correct?

1 hour ago, Infinite913 said:

Andyz get rid of the sundown. Pick up a zcon and all your problems will diminish. Sundown is made for the ugly scene of low and throw. If you are any kind of an audio head than sundown wont take you there. If you want to hear quality reporduction of your bass and get the most out of your money then zcon or evil will take you there. I have had every subwoofer from ssa and you cant go wrong with any choice. I currently own 4 Fi team 18s so my suggestion for ssa is not a complete bias one. But ill say this I only run Fi or SSA. The quality of both product and customer service is astounding.

2 hours ago, Andyz said:

Tnks man really appreciate it I was just checking the zcon and fi btl neo but the btl look more better on paper correct?

Like other said both companies are greAt. You should just pick up the fi because its comparable to ssa and the build quality Is great. Plus sounds like you’re stuck on that fi btl. Long story short , get rid of the sundown.

Tnks man I just put it up for sale zv5 15 and order the fi btl neo

2 hours ago, ManzKea said:

Like other said both companies are greAt. You should just pick up the fi because its comparable to ssa and the build quality Is great. Plus sounds like you’re stuck on that fi btl. Long story short , get rid of the sundown.

3 hours ago, ManzKea said:

Plus sounds like you’re stuck on that fi btl.

I agree. Sounds like his mind was made up before starting this thread.

9 hours ago, Andyz said:

Tnks man I just put it up for sale zv5 15 and order the fi btl neo

Glad you’re taking steps into getting the ball rolling.  Keep in mind fi is built to order so it will take some time before your subs arrive.