I'm looking into 2 way drivers atm, trying to ascertain what i would need to get what I'm after. gotta admit I'm having a hard time finding a large mid range, i could go down to a 7" or so and find a decent pairing but i have the idea that a 7" wouldn't have enough bass for me... maybe I'm wrong?  my coworker has a hertz 7" in his doors and they sound amazing for his setup but he still dosent have the volume I'm after (best midbass ive ever heard actually, i just want it to be much louder)

If the only term you use is louder, then you are barking up the wrong tree completely.  First thing you have to do is be honest with yourself and goals.  That you havent' accomplished yet.

i think i know very well what i want. i don't need instaine audio quality but i don't want shit quality. i don't want it to sound like the trucks with 5 sets of bullet tweets and subs... i want the full range of speakers and audio in the truck so that i can hear every note and all of the music. basically i want lossless audio to sound better than an mp3 in my truck and not be limited by the install or audio equipment. 

i do want loud. systems i have heard with krx3's, hertz legends, illusion, etc. have not been loud enough and have not had enough bass. i want louder and i want more bass but i don't want to sacrifice too much quality

I'm very happy with my mini dsp 2x4 on my mids & highs.
If you like to play with the settings it's not fun :its only negative point is that you need a laptop to set it up.

You want a pretty loud system, with a good sound quality, and you want to show your equipments. :rolleyes:

Some like to use large mids and horns to be loud.

Good luck !

Edited by Notorious97200

10 hours ago, Notorious97200 said:

I'm very happy with my mini dsp 2x4 on my mids & highs.
If you like to play with the settings it's not fun :its only negative point is that you need a laptop to set it up.

You want a pretty loud system, with a good sound quality, and you want to show your equipments. :rolleyes:

Some like to use large mids and horns to be loud.

Good luck !

Thats what I was going to suggest, possibly an 8" or 1 0" pa speaker in the doors with horns under the dash.

Definitely a horn 2 way.  No questions asked.  A 3 way would be a monstrous fail..

i have always been told horns are terrible in car audio - ive never looked into them because of this. where is a good place to read about the differences and get some information on such a setup that is reputable?