ManzKea

Team evil 12s

Packaged well and looks awsome. Super stiff. And hella heavy. Gonna put these into my Altima. And they’ll be rubbed off a taramps bassline 12k

It’s coated with dura Tex and stained with keda wood dye. This is the same box I had my evils in prior so I figured the teams should be right at home in here as well. 

So o got it fired up and did a quick test bump. Gains are turned up just a quarter, it hits that’s for sure. But idk exactly how I’m liking it.  I’m not exactly blown away like I was with the evils, but then again. The amp is turned up as much as I’d really like. And I couldn’t really test it to see what works, ie windows down, one down all up , etc. because my neighbors were home.  So it’s not much of a fair comparison. 

I also wanna give it some time to warm up. Seeing how stiff it is and the fact that I’ll b overpowering them. So after a few days. I’ll turn the gain up a bit. 

I’ll keep this post updated as I get to mess with these a bit more. So stay tuned guys. 

What is it sealed off with? 

Forsure will get alot louder . Every time iv got a new ssa sub its takin a little time to get louder and louder. Especially on the lows

I wanna hear it

Me too. Also jelly...they will definitely get down for sure. Everyone is going to taramps. May do the same. And oh yea. Demo vids!

2 hours ago, jcarter1885 said:

What is it sealed off with? 

I really maxed out the dimensions so it’s a little gap on both sides as well as the top. I just used some old shirts rolled up stuffed on the sides. And on the top I used a pillow. Lol. I didn’t wanna foam it since I take my equipment out a lot and the fact that my fuses and amp is under the box, I wanted it removable 

2 hours ago, frogcase2002 said:

Forsure will get alot louder . Every time iv got a new ssa sub its takin a little time to get louder and louder. Especially on the lows

Yea definitely. The ssa evils I got are hella loud off a taramps 10k. lol 

55 minutes ago, Travis said:

Me too. Also jelly...they will definitely get down for sure. Everyone is going to taramps. May do the same. And oh yea. Demo vids!

Yea taramps are the real deal bro. Even 3ks got action. Don’t let the size fool ya, I brought one a few years back not thinking much of it. And when I saw it in person I was like ok cool. Itlll probably be a1200 watt amp or something. But I  replaced a Soundqubed 1200.1 with it. And it made my subs go ham! Lol. These amps have some weight too it as well, it may not be as massive as Koreans of the same power but shoot it feels well built. And puts out power. Plus I love the built in fans. It lets me install it under the box and not have to worry bout heating issues 

Quick question. The bassline amps come with a bass boost feature. You can set the frequency from 35hz - 50hz I think. Should I use this, maybe even a little ? I’ve used the hd line which does not come with a bass boost. And even before when I had amps the cane with it, I never used em. Because it just seemed like a total waste and sure fire way to clip and break something. So wondering maybe the taramps built something worth while seeing how you can select the frequency. 

4 hours ago, ManzKea said:

Yea taramps are the real deal bro. Even 3ks got action. Don’t let the size fool ya, I brought one a few years back not thinking much of it. And when I saw it in person I was like ok cool. Itlll probably be a1200 watt amp or something. But I  replaced a Soundqubed 1200.1 with it. And it made my subs go ham! Lol. These amps have some weight too it as well, it may not be as massive as Koreans of the same power but shoot it feels well built. And puts out power. Plus I love the built in fans. It lets me install it under the box and not have to worry bout heating issues 

For the price point definitely. A lot of people seem to be going that route. I'm debating a 10 or 12k. Probably the 10k. Wish I could see one in action in person. There was a 15k on Craigslist local for $900 a few months ago and I should have jumped on it.

Make sure you get it the hd line. The ones with the voltage meter are the newer ones. And make sure you take the proper precautions I’m sure you read online about how to handle Brazilian amps. 

These things hit the lows like crazy. But I noticed my circuit breaker that connects the front to the rear battery always trips when it’s really pounding. Never happened with my 10k before. I did swap the 1/0 run for a 2/0. So not sure what could be tripping it. 

How many amps is it

Yea. I hear they're really picky on voltage and loads. No half ohm. But that's pretty much pointless for daily anyways

4 hours ago, frogcase2002 said:

How many amps is it

200amps. It’s stays on on songs that ain’t hitting crazy. So idk. Everything was secured when I installed the new runs and what not. 

4 hours ago, Travis said:

Yea. I hear they're really picky on voltage and loads. No half ohm. But that's pretty much pointless for daily anyways

Yes. Make sure you get the correct ohm load version for your application. The 10ks come in 1ohm and 2ohm. And also don’t place it on the sub box. These will die with excessive vibrations. 

That won't be a problem. Havnt had an amp mounted on a box since 2000? And it was all stolen. Old school round kicker solobarics and my first kicker xs 100. Just made a convenient carrying case for the thieves that stole my setup. Never again. Great heads up. 

Looking good.  They will take some time to loosen up.

Are circuit breakers reliable? I have one in my trunk maybe like 10inches away from my secondary battery. It’s inline with the power run coming from the front. Like I stated before it keeps tripping when the bass really hits. I guess drawing lots of power?  I’ve used my system full tilt on songs that hit hard but just not as hard as others and everything was fine. I’ve read some where that some circuit breakers could be sensitive to the vibration or something.  But it never tripped when I had my evils in along with the 10k. 

Now i I upgraded to the bassline 12k and I got dual inputs on the amp. And I ran dual wires to each. So total of 4 1/0 positives. Which is fused. At 200amps each.  my Circuit breaker is rated at 200amps as well. I’m considering upping it to 250. I tried to search what is the recommended fuse rating between a front and rear battery but got nothing. I’m just trying to avoid pulling my subs out to take a look at my battery which is under the box. I know damn well everything was tight and secured. And heat shrunk before I put the sub box on ( wanting to not have to deal with it for a long time ) but then this happens. And it sucks cuz I can’t fully enjoy my team evils at he moment.